DMARGE: Why Are The World’s Biggest Male Celebrities Suddenly Wearing Skirts?

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

DMARGE: Why Are The World’s Biggest Male Celebrities Suddenly Wearing Skirts?

Post by Coder »

https://www.dmarge.com/2021/09/why-are- ... -gala.html

Some here will agree with some of the more "negative" sentiments expressed in this article:
DMARGE spoke to Byron Bay-based men’s stylist and fashion expert Jeff Lack to help make sense of the trend. His take? While it’s surprising that so many male celebrities have worn dresses and skirts recently, he feels that it’s a bit of a gimmick.

“None of these guys have done any better than what David Beckham did over twenty years ago,” referencing the (in)famous sarong the football player wore back in 1998. “It’s interesting, but I don’t think any of them have done themselves any favours.”
And also:
He does admit that there’s a bit of a double-standard, however: “some of the female celebrities this year who’ve worn men’s suits and trousers have looked absolutely fantastic.”
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: DMARGE: Why Are The World’s Biggest Male Celebrities Suddenly Wearing Skirts?

Post by STEVIE »

Coder wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:05 pm Some here will agree with some of the more "negative" sentiments expressed in this article:
Hi Coder
Did you really mean "agree"?
Actually, I would strongly agree that "gimmick" and "look at me" would actually be just about right.
Also remember that these poor souls already have enough trouble finding ways of diminishing
their overfilled coffers.
In addition to the Beckham sarong it is also worth remembering Bowie, Jagger and Mercury and the rest who were
pushing gender fluid dress and ideas before a lot of these guys were born.
Steve.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: DMARGE: Why Are The World’s Biggest Male Celebrities Suddenly Wearing Skirts?

Post by Sinned »

No way to leave a comment but my answer would have been, "Because they are comfortable, suit the male physique, look stylish and just because we can."
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.