Wow - yungblood's skirts!

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
howardfh
Member Extraordinaire

Wow - yungblood's skirts!

Post by howardfh »

new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Wow - yungblood's skirts!

Post by new2skirts »

He looks good, you can wear anything if you show the confidence first. Look how well Mark is doing on social media. Get out there and just get on with life in whatever you choose to wear. I personally prefer knee-length as I don't want my knickers showing :lol: but younger guys may have less inhibitions :mrgeeen:
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

n2s, thank you for including some of us wrinklies in with the young 'uns. Like Anthony, SD and myself among others. Wearing a mini or something above the knee is just about confidence. If you have the confidence to wear a skirt out in the wilds then the length doesn't really matter. Of course a micro might not be advisable but between thigh and knee doesn't present a problem. Just be careful how you bend over and so on. Anyway an accidental knocker knicker flash is hardly public indecency.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Epiceneguy
Distinguished Member

Post by Epiceneguy »

He's quite a troubled guy by all accounts but good on him, apparently he got some death threats for appearing on stage in Russia wearing a dress. I take back the part about him being troubled it's the morons thinking that it's natural to threaten to kill someone for wearing something different from themselves are the ones that need the treatment!

Also have to say that I love the black dress but then I'm quite a tactile type person and anything silky gets my vote, lol.
When life gives you lemons, slice them and put them into your G&T!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Apparently the Chinese are going the same way. Suppression of "sissy men" and the emphasis of masculine traits. Looks like toxic masculinity is on the rise over there. So MIS may not be welcome.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Sinned wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:37 pm[...] Suppression of "sissy men" and the emphasis of masculine traits. Looks like toxic masculinity is on the rise over there.
I don't know about anybody else, but whether I'm wearing trousers or a skirt makes precisely no difference in how much I can lift, how much I can move, how accurately I can wield a sword, or how accurately I can put a shot on target. None. And, in context with my life, none of those can be considered "toxic".

If the Chinese want to go that way, then that's their choice. All they're doing in that regard is aping the West.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Epiceneguy
Distinguished Member

Post by Epiceneguy »

If the Chinese want to go that way, then that's their choice. All they're doing in that regard is aping the West.
Unfortunately it's not their choice, it's the choice of a small group of narrow minded elite and the fact that MIS enlightenment is nowhere near as good as centuries of indoctrination 😡

Back to the post though Yungbood does look good in his skirts 😉
When life gives you lemons, slice them and put them into your G&T!
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

Epiceneguy wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:13 pm
Unfortunately it's not their choice, it's the choice of a small group of narrow minded elite and the fact that MIS enlightenment is nowhere near as good as centuries of indoctrination 😡
I was under the impression that most Asian cultures have more of a recent history and tradition of un-bifurcated men's garments. The western influence has been strong though...
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

You only have to look at pictures of the ruling elite - they're all in monkey suits and yet if they despise the west so much I would have thought that they would have shunned western dress and opted for more traditional robes. Oh, well, there's sometimes no rhyme or reason behind people's choices. I didn't want to leave you without a source so here's one link to the supposedly reliable Beeb Beeb Ceeb: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-55926248.