Boys skirting the issue

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Boys skirting the issue

Post by skirtingtoday »

From the Metro (free newspaper in the UK)

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... lh&ampcf=1
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
Brad
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Boys skirting the issue

Post by Brad »

If the school changes their policy and allows the boys to wear shorts, it would be interesting to see how many will still continue to wear skirts.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Is there something about the South of England?
In 2019 a group of boys from Devon pulled the same stunt and were allowed to wear shorts.
That kind of points to;
Brad wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:45 pm If the school changes their policy and allows the boys to wear shorts, it would be interesting to see how many will still continue to wear skirts.
I'd hazard a guess at not a lot, if any.
Steve.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Stevie, the south of England can get HOT! ;-)
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

The North has been hot too.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
rivegauche
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rivegauche »

There are several instances of this every summer. I look forward to the summer when this is no longer deemed news and is regarded as nothing out of the ordinary.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Sinned wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:43 am The North has been hot too.
I live west of Glasgow on the coast, my house faces North and is next to a cliff, it is maybe 170 years old and the walls are stone, getting on for 2 feet thick (for you metric kids- 2 feet thick but spoken slowly and loudly). Yesterday evening I took my infernal red thermometer and checked stuff. A piece of my house which gets no Sun, not never, no direct heat at all, clocked at 31.1 centigrades, I will do the conversion for you, that's 31.1 degrees Celsius. We have been baking for days now. Not complaining! in Scotland on the West coast, dry weather and hot weather are to be treasured!
The hottest temperature I found was a green steel cabinet which was in the Sun and over 70 centipedes, which equates to quite a lot of Fahrenheits and then some!

Mustn't grumble!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
geron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by geron »

Can we have all that in Réamur, please? Or kelvins?
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Conversion 31.1 C to F 87.98 ok call it 88

Heck that is just only the beginning of lukewarm tepid warm - - -

LINK:

https://www.bing.com/search?q=c+to+f+te ... 149656d4f9
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

r.m.anderson wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:28 pm Conversion 31.1 C to F 87.98 ok call it 88

Heck that is just only the beginning of lukewarm tepid warm - - -

LINK:

https://www.bing.com/search?q=c+to+f+te ... 149656d4f9
When you are used to West of Scotland weather, it is as hot as a hot thing and then some. Anything over maybe 25 centipedes is a freak event.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

I'm just back from a week by the sea in Kerry, where our daily temps. must have broken records. Never before have I seen 35 Centipedes on successive days. Two things: One, Metal is too hot to touch and two, sandals or similar must be worn on the beach because the sand is far too hot to put a foot down on.
No complaints, of course, but it was nice to get off the beach and away from everybody else, in the sailboat out on the Bay. After 6PM driving up the hill to the house the temp. was seen to fall to 29. Under 30! But in the conservatory or garden room as we call it, the centipedes were well over 40. Too hot still, so evening meal on the lawn in the shade. Bliss.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Brad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Brad »

How did boys skirting the issue become a discussion of weather in the UK? Another case of thread drift presents itself ........ The last post on-topic was from rivegauche.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Brad wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:21 am How did boys skirting the issue become a discussion of weather in the UK? Another case of thread drift presents itself ........ The last post on-topic was from rivegauche.
Agreed Brad and these instances of boys taking to skirts in hot weather actually have very little to do with males in skirts more generally.
In my office the ban on shorts will come into effect again next week.
I doubt that it will lead to a token guy in a skirt protest but whether the discrimination case is raised remains to be seen.
While it won't be me personally, I certainly stand to show some merit to the argument.
As I pointed out elsewhere, "a work in progress".
Back on track I hope.
Steve.
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

There is an American supplier which has been marketing dresses for boys for the last couple of years:

https://www.primary.com/blogs/using-our ... rs-dresses
Stevej180

Post by Stevej180 »

Stu wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:01 am There is an American supplier which has been marketing dresses for boys for the last couple of years:

https://www.primary.com/blogs/using-our ... rs-dresses
Of course, at that age the body shapes of girls and boys are much the same. It gets more difficult in adulthood (for some of us) because the shapes don’t work as well. I’m a classic inverted triangle it seems, with shoulders wider than hips so a dress that fits around the waist is too small around the shoulders, etc. I wish there were companies making dresses that fit my guy shape. And not just designers doing it for £1000 a go, I mean Primark for £15 a go!!!!