Mother defends son shamed over wearing girl’s swimsuit

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
TheRod
Distinguished Member

Mother defends son shamed over wearing girl’s swimsuit

Post by TheRod »

See https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/ ... eged-abuse

In part:
Soren has gone to school wearing girls’ dresses. When he was little he walked around in dresses all the time. He doesn’t care. If there is something he likes he will wear it. They are probably his own bathers. Why would that be a problem?
renesm1
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Mother defends son shamed over wearing girl’s swimsuit

Post by renesm1 »

Nothing wrong with men or boys wearing women's swimsuits. I prefer them to shorts personally!
Please visit http://www.absolutegadget.com for the latest gadgets and games news and reviews
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

Apparently some are claiming he was forced to wear it as some sort of hazing, but the mom says he chose to wear it, and will also wear dresses to school. The response to a boy potentially getting hazed?
The governing body in Australia is creating an all-female panel to investigate the claims and reports of wider degrading coaching practices.
This is an issue of what is happening to boys (or at least one), so why an "all-female panel"? How are females more qualified to deal with issues affecting boys?
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

I have to wear women's swimsuits with my chest mounds (bra cup size DD) so I don't give people an eyeful.

John
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

JohnH wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:04 pm I have to wear women's swimsuits with my chest mounds (bra cup size DD) so I don't give people an eyeful.

John
I hear ya - but cripes I am not a DD in my boobage! Wow.
NZF
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

I prefer a high-neckline maillot (tank style) suit on sweaty days under my skirt or shorts. "Swim365" fits well.
Ralph!
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

I wouldn't wear a woman's swimsuit for the same reason I don't go swimming in my underware.

Back in the 80s when I was in elementary school I had a speedo. Talk about when you are young and dumb at 13 - 16.
Since about 18 I would only wear a speedo ( I currently don't own one) at night and alone.
During the day I might be mistaken for a drowning polar bear, or a beached whale.
Pale, hairy, flabby. Not a good Speedo look.

I wouldn't mind seeing what it is like swimming in a skirt, I haven't attempted that one yet.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.