Naomi Watts' boy

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Naomi Watts' boy

Post by Stu »

This is a story about the younger child of an acting couple - a boy - but he is often photographed wearing pink garments, like here:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a ... 3-NYC.html
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Naomi Watts' boy

Post by Daryl »

Stu wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:44 am This is a story about the younger child of an acting couple - a boy - but he is often photographed wearing pink garments, like here:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a ... 3-NYC.html
I wish I'd had the freedom to walk into a clothing store at that age and walk out in anything that attracted my fancy without needing any reason other than I liked it.
Daryl...
rivegauche
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rivegauche »

The names Sasha and Kai are not all that gender-specific. People are referring to a boy but there are two children. Are we to assume that the one in the pink dress is a boy? The comments on the article suggest this but apart from the names the article does not gives gender.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

rivegauche wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:10 am The names Sasha and Kai are not all that gender-specific. People are referring to a boy but there are two children. Are we to assume that the one in the pink dress is a boy? The comments on the article suggest this but apart from the names the article does not gives gender.
Yea, the article gives no mention of any sort.
Looking at the two one would have to assume Sasha is the one in pink dress and Kai is in the trousers.

Unless both siblings are gender bending.

To which I think there would be a comment in the article about having gender fluid children.

And we know how the double standard goes.
No one would bat a eye at the girl in trousers. But a boy in a pink dress half the world would be making some comment on it.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

rivegauche wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:10 am The names Sasha and Kai are not all that gender-specific. People are referring to a boy but there are two children. Are we to assume that the one in the pink dress is a boy? The comments on the article suggest this but apart from the names the article does not gives gender.
They are both boys.
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

Indeed, this confirms it - explicitly stating they are both sons:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a ... troll.html
Ralph!
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

Ah, apparently it all started with Kai going to San Diego Comic Con dressed as Harley Quinn. A certain... portion... of society is upset at his clothing choices (and yes, parents still use "son" and male pronouns when talking about Kai)

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/07/2 ... _23047204/
Ralph!
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

What business is it of theirs how they let their son dress . Some people are just too stupid that they have to scream and get down right nasty about how others live their lives. If the family allows their son to wear girls clothing as well as cosmetics so be it. What right do non related idiots have to say what someone else's children wear is right or wrong...
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Bertino56
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bertino56 »

This is a celebrity family, so they must live with paparazzi and gossip-hounds
everywhere they go. One result is that you can find hundreds of pictures on
Instagram, Google Images, etc., of Samuel Kai Schreiber and his family at every
stage of his life.
It won't be long before he will be old enough to speak for himself. Meanwhile,
we can see clearly what clothing he likes to wear, and that his parents support
his choices. Whether he must put up with bullying at school, or social ostracizing,
we don't know. (Home school, private school, public school, we don't know.)
Let's give Kai and his family some relief from the gossip-mongering. He'll turn out
fine. I have to applaud him on his guts and good taste -- he really wears it well.
Maybe it's a stage he'll grow out of. Maybe not. His brother Sasha looks like a
totally normal teenager.
As Skirtcafe people, let's give him (and his family) whatever support and encouragement
is possible, and stop calling it "girlie" clothing. If a boy is wearing it, it's boy's clothing.
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

Bertino56 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:17 am This is a celebrity family, so they must live with paparazzi and gossip-hounds
everywhere they go.
It doesn't have to be that way though. Family of a celebrity has as much right to privacy as anyone else.
Bertino56 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:17 am As Skirtcafe people, let's give him (and his family) whatever support and encouragement
is possible, and stop calling it "girlie" clothing. If a boy is wearing it, it's boy's clothing.
Hear, hear!!!

At work a colleague casually mentioned his (boy) kid was a fan of frozen and wanted to have the dress. He loves it. No-one cares, really.
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

I saw a couple of previous articles on him and he was always referred to as "he", presumably because that's how is parents refer to him - and how he refers to himself. If that's the case, then he is a non-trans, gender-secure young man bravely wearing what he likes even if that means ignoring some traditional taboos.

We must NEVER lose sight of the fact that the only reason boys (and men) don't generally wear skirts and dresses is because they are presently out of fashion for males. There is no other reason.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Stu wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:15 pm We must NEVER lose sight of the fact that the only reason boys (and men) don't generally wear skirts and dresses is because they are presently out of fashion for males. There is no other reason.
I’ve got to shorten this quote and print it out to remind myself every day :P
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I have never heard of these people.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

moonshadow wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:37 am I have never heard of these people.
Thanks, that makes me feel a lot better.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

What's wrong with males wearing pink? Until the 1940's it was considered a boy's colour. I do wear pink and am on the lookout for a ( cheap ) pink skirt. I have pink shirts, T's and a pink tie but would extend that range as I see suitable garments.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.