pandemic trend

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: pandemic trend

Post by moonshadow »

The thing is, I recognize many of those photos from many years ago. Those shots of Jaden Smith have been around longer than I've been wearing skirts. A few of the others I've seen prior to covid.

Some of the best stuff I've seen grace my various feeds are some of the styles these Gen Zers are putting out.

Cute stuff! I wish I had the courage they have now when I was 18 years old. Of course, times have changed a lot since then.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:45 amI wish I had the courage they have now when I was 18 years old.
Welcome to the crowd. ;)
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

moonshadow wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:45 am Cute stuff! I wish I had the courage they have now when I was 18 years old. Of course, times have changed a lot since then.
Absolutely Moon and like Carl says, there are many more of us too.
Man, we just wasted time and more importantly, a great deal of living.
Steve.
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by new2skirts »

There's no time to sit there and regret... just look at Mark Bryan (Mark as in Mark), who is now a skirt influencer on Instagram with followers like Rihanna! I think he only started wearing skirts to work about a 5 years ago. There are so many more on social media with hundreds of followers, such as GenderBlender who used to post here too.

And these are middle aged guys, so it's really up to us 8)
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

You're right new2skirts,

I often say that as long as you have a new day ahead of you, you get another chance.

I do miss my 18 year old body though.

Man I could have rocked some looks when I was 120 lbs and had a full head of hair! :wink:

But I guess I'm aging like a fine wine... a pudgy, balding fine wine... :lol:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Apparently Madonna's son has been reported and pictured wearing a dress.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
FranTastic444
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FranTastic444 »

FranTastic444
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FranTastic444 »

I watched the video with the sound off, so no idea if the presenters are going to be as annoying as they look.

Some pretty toxic comments including reference to the expected Bible passage.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Offhand, I'd suspect that anything that's going on in Madonna's world doesn't much resemble what passes for reality.

As far as those who wish to live in the Old Testament world -- well, let's bring back public stonings.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

crfriend wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:52 am Offhand, I'd suspect that anything that's going on in Madonna's world doesn't much resemble what passes for reality.
As far as those who wish to live in the Old Testament world -- well, let's bring back public stonings.
Not just Madonna but elements of showbiz and certain wealth levels all exist on a different plane from the rest of humanity.
As for crime and punishment, how about burning at the stake? The Scots variation was to tether a barrel of gunpowder to the miscreant's neck showing great humanity and loving kindness.
Steve.