Article in The Sunday Times

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Article in The Sunday Times

Post by Jim »

STEVIE wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:51 am
crfriend wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:12 pm Denim <> male any longer.
Ahh, the ubiquitous denim.
In the years that I have been dropping by the cafe I have only added one denim skirt to my collection and even that was in the early days. It is fine to wear when I feel like it and in general terms I have no issues with denim as a fabric.
My own feeling is that denim does not make a skirt any more, or less, masculine than any other fabric.
The skirts I wear most frequently are denim--blue, black, or khaki. It's not that I particularly prefer denim, but I am regularly doing dirty work that can be hard on clothing--construction, farming, and gardening. I also find it easier to have pockets in the traditional places for my knife, keys, and handkerchief--and often various tools. The sturdy fabric skirts with decent pockets that I find in a thrift store are usually denim.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Yes denim is certainly a physical work material, like Jim, I find it associated with skirts that fit that criteria. If I am going out I rarely wear denim.
I wouldn't be prepared to pay a lot of money for a denim skirt.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I am waring a 12" ice blue denim mini at the moment. It's one of my favourites both in terms of length and versatility. I can wear it with and without tights, with knee-length socks so can be semi-formal and completely informal. I wear it often. I have other denim skirts of other colours but this is the one I wear most often.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by new2skirts »

Denim pencil skirts have been a staple for me when not at work in something more formal. The pockets are usually for show, but I like the material. The ruggedness appeals.

Out of all those looks, Mark wins by a mile in that news article :wink:
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...