Telegraph fashion podcast

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Telegraph fashion podcast

Post by moonshadow »

STEVIE wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:23 pm
It's cool man. I don't care.
Way to go Moon. if you did, you just would not be you. BTW you have a much more agreeable face than Crowley.
Steve
Well, I appreciate that, but have a look at me when I get to around Crowley's age when most of his photographs were taken. 8)

Though IMO, Crowley was a pretty good lookin' guy in his late 30's (see photo below)... Of course, the old 1912 photograph may be lacking in the details.

The way things are going, I'll be a cue-ball by the time I hit my 50's.

Anyway, I guess if I'm going to start a religious cult, I had better get to it! :wink:
Aleister_Crowley,_Magus.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
rivegauche
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rivegauche »

As threatened, went shopping in a dress today. Not presenting as a woman this time - dress, opaque tights and low heels, unisex jacket and hat, messenger bag. I bought a dress after trying it on. Moderately busy large shop with a spread out car park, so pleasant short woodland walk from the car. No reactions AT ALL. You had to ask to try stuff on because of covid, and when I asked to try on the dresses I was carrying, they just smiled and said "of course". It was more daunting than usual as I had not worn a dress or skirt in pubic since around November.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

moonshadow wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:33 am [
I've noticed since I've started wearing skirts, the number of people outside or Jenn and Amber who are willing to be seen with me as dropped to zero.

I've noticed when I squeeze my way into a group, even a group that appears "liberal and tolerant", it seems the group disperses or disbands shortly thereafter.
Maybe you could help out the police to quell riots ...
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

JeffB1959 wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:41 pm
STEVIE wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:29 am Hi Jeff
NIMBY rings true with me and not just around dates or the lack thereof.
My immediate family would be perfectly accepting of a guy in a skirt as long as the guy ain't me.
In that respect, I'd maybe have more chance of a date with Twiggy than acceptance from some of them.
Steve.
The natural reaction I suspect, is a fear of embarrassment which, when you get right down to it, is a nonexistent concern because the public at large collectively doesn't give a damn about a man in a skirt. As a man who wears skirts, dresses, heels, carries a purse and sports earrings in public, I know that from experience.
I doubt that. The other day I was at one of those outlets for swedish furniture. I was walking behind a man in kilt, between us a mother and daughter. They were looking, pointing and joking between themselves.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Gusto10 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:57 am
moonshadow wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:33 am [
I've noticed since I've started wearing skirts, the number of people outside or Jenn and Amber who are willing to be seen with me as dropped to zero.

I've noticed when I squeeze my way into a group, even a group that appears "liberal and tolerant", it seems the group disperses or disbands shortly thereafter.

Maybe you could help out the police to quell riots ...
Hmmmm... ya know, that might be an interesting experiment! :wink:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.