How Absurd can it gat?

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
PatJ
Member Extraordinaire

Re: How Absurd can it gat?

Post by PatJ »

I had a nice battery operated watch. The battery died and I took it back to the store
to have a new battery installed. They told me that if they opened the back of the
watch, it would not be waterproof anymore and could get damaged.

I told them if they didn't open the back and put a new battery in it, the watch wouldn't
keep time.

When the watch failed, I switched to using a Fitbit as my watch that I can charge
without opening it up. Having a lighted dial makes it easier to read the time in the
middle of the night, and it also serves as a fitness tracker.

The Dick Tracy comic strip had a wrist phone. Technology is almost to the point where
this is a reality. (Apple watch is close - but not quite there yet.)

But the point is the size of the watch 40mm for women's and 44mm for men's isn't that
noticeable on a person's wrist, I opted for the 40mm because I liked the size on my wrist
better.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I actually like the designs of "women's" watches better. Rose gold or pastel colours appeal to me. I am currently wearing a Sekonds watch - black plastic strap, dark blue face and bezel. Nothing flashy but by, is it accurate. It's running about 10 seconds slow but it has been like that for weeks. 10 seconds isn't enough for me to try and calibrate it against any time signal. I check it each morning to the BBC Breakfast Show as they have a clock running on-screen. I have several other watches whose batteries have run out and an automatic that keeps stopping so needs servicing. I also have a couple of pocket watches, one being an old Elgin "hunter" gold watch.

BTW hs anyone noticed the pelling mistook in the thread title?
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Sinned wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:30 pm BTW hs anyone noticed the pelling mistook in the thread title?
Yeah, but I only just realized it the other day.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

I didn't notice it until it was pointed out. The human mind is really quite good at real-time error correction.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

As Spike used to call himself "Spike Milligna that well known typing error". True genius, sadly no longer with us. I hope that wherever those such as he, Ronnie Barker, Ronnie Corbett, Peter Sellers et al have gone that I go to the same place. Whether good or bad at least the conversations will be enjoyable.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I noticed it a while back but thought the author of the topic had done it on purpose. So did not mention it.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I googled "gat" and apparently it's "a pistol or revolver". Just learnt ( learned? ) a new word.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Sinned wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:22 amI googled "gat" and apparently it's "a pistol or revolver". Just learnt ( learned? ) a new word.
Gangsta slang, possibly derived from Gatling (a specific type of multi-barrel high-speed gun).
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Sinned wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:30 pm BTW hs anyone noticed the pelling mistook in the thread title?
I actuallee had Denns but replied on sumbuddy to pint it oot.
Steve.
Gat is actually a specific brand of air pistol, pellet or pop gun.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

Sinned wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:22 am I googled "gat" and apparently it's "a pistol or revolver". Just learnt ( learned? ) a new word.
According to the Bible, you can "be gat".
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

To beget (verb), is to procreate an offspring and applies to either parent. 'Begat' , past tense of beget was used extensively in documentation of family trees.
'Begotten, not made', from the Nicene Creed is the past participle.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

I thought it was meant to go with "Absurd".
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia