NY Daily News article

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Re: NY Daily News article

Post by denimini »

Sloppy proof reading of the title.
Predictably, I quite like the very short numbers :)
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

OK just a bit too short for my taste and I'd emphasise the one piece rather than the suit look.
However, yes, I could go with that style in a heartbeat.
I really would like to be able to have waistcoat/pleated skirt one piece combination created for me at some point in the future.
Steve.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Stteve, our John Lewis store is located in an out of town trading park and I've never been through their doors, nor any of the others in that little area. I've always associated JL with Debenham's being a little above what I would pay for things. So, harsh as it may seem, whether the store is closing or not, I neither know nor care, never being, or likely to be, a customer.

As of my wife, things have been a lot more pleasant while I have been on furlough. Maybe she is more used to my skirts and just doesn't think that arguing would accomplish anything. She doesn't complain and as long as I wear trousers every now and again there are no snide comments. I have even been out of the door skirted with her. Admittedly I would be driving her somewhere to pick something up and wouldn't be expected to get out of the car! There are two women in our house ( wife and grand-daughter ) and I'm the only one of the three of us that wears a skirt. She has absolutely no interest in any articles about or supporting men wearing skirts. I have tried and tried ....

As for Joe Browns I like their quirkiness as well as the fabric designs. Their fare just resonates with me somehow. I would love to buy but in the current circumstances, pointless.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

denimini wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:27 am Sloppy proof reading of the title.
Predictably, I quite like the very short numbers :)
Long warm sleeves with a short skirt don't fit together in my opinion. I mostly look from a practical viewpoint--if you need warmth on your arms you will probably want warmth on your legs also. This would be too hot on top in warm conditions, or too cool on the lower half in cool conditions.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Jim wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:33 pm Long warm sleeves with a short skirt don't fit together in my opinion.
There is at least one rationale; I just drove 2700kms in a mini skirt with a long sleeve shirt to keep the sun off my arms.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by new2skirts »

It's nice to see something from designers that's not so outlandish :) Personally I think the skirt would be better just above the knee, and an option for a cargo or straight one would look good. The problem with a lot of designer gear is it's pricing. But it's a better look I've seen for a while from the usual skirted rubbish they put us in down the catwalk :wink:
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...
greenboots
Member Extraordinaire

Post by greenboots »

Jim wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:33 pm Long warm sleeves with a short skirt don't fit together in my opinion. I mostly look from a practical viewpoint--if you need warmth on your arms you will probably want warmth on your legs also. This would be too hot on top in warm conditions, or too cool on the lower half in cool conditions.
I'm not skirting at the moment following a difficult conversation some time ago (documented elsewhere), but I've been wearing my two casual kilts fairly regularly throughout the pandemic. Mostly I wear with t-shirt or polo shirt in the summer and a sweater with an appropriate jacket in the winter.

I do wear thick tights when it's particularly cold. But most of the time I can cope with kilt socks. As I have often told people who think I must be cold, if you keep your upper body warm, the other bits self-regulate on temperature.