Tesco man employee wears skirts at work

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Tesco man employee wears skirts at work

Post by Stu »

Sinned wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:53 amHull is just down the road ( relatively ) for me.
Same here. I live about half an hour drive from the Humber Bridge.
Tackleberry
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Tackleberry »

I’d love to wear a skirt to however my new job IS NOT skirt friendly!
I’m driving a drawbar lorry carrying bricks and blocks to builders merchants and building sites and I have to climb a ladder at the back to operate said crane...
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

I wear a skirt - but I am almost always desk based - although I do site visits monthly. But I am not a hands-on worker in the true sense.

that said - I have driven a forklift at work unloading trucks from time to time in a skirt.

cheers
NZF
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

Tackleberry wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:59 pm I’d love to wear a skirt to however my new job IS NOT skirt friendly!
I’m driving a drawbar lorry carrying bricks and blocks to builders merchants and building sites and I have to climb a ladder at the back to operate said crane...
I've loaded planks on the roof of my van at a large and busy timber yard in the Radstock area whilst wearing a skirt.  I hadn't brought a stepladder so I parked the van next to the timber racks and climbed up the racks to get onto the roof.  Nobody seemed bothered.

I was a customer, it might be different if I were an employee.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
Tackleberry
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Tackleberry »

pelmut wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:06 am
Tackleberry wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:59 pm I’d love to wear a skirt to however my new job IS NOT skirt friendly!
I've loaded planks on the roof of my van at a large and busy timber yard in the Radstock area whilst wearing a skirt.  I hadn't brought a stepladder so I parked the van next to the timber racks and climbed up the racks to get onto the roof.  Nobody seemed bothered.

I was a customer, it might be different if I were an employee.
Much different, we have to wear hivis trousers etc
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

As an employee its not so much my skirt that can cause trouble - its my high heels - my skirt doesn't get brought up from health and safety perspective. I'd debate the heels cause most things are do-able in heels but I'd never win that debate anyway. Ironically - mostly debating with men who don't wear high heels anyway so have no idea what they're talking about! Ha.

Skirts and H&S or OSH shouldn't be an issue in my mind - etiquette perspective would be more challenging on a skirt than H&S.

cheers
NZF
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

nzfreestyler wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:32 am Ironically - mostly debating with men who don't wear high heels anyway so have no idea what they're talking about! Ha.
Hi NZ
I would agree with you on that point, most men have no idea what it is like to wear anything but the drab.
Here is a link to research published in the British Medical Journal re. High Heels.
https://bmjopen.bmj.com/content/6/1/e010053.
The subjects were women, I guess they couldn't find enough experienced men.
Suffer for one's art may be appropriate or is it no pain, no gain?
Steve.