TEDx covers men in skirts topic

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

TEDx covers men in skirts topic

Post by Freedomforall »

I could not find a translated version of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf06J50 ... fnD7PNpHrA
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Re: TEDx covers men in skirts topic

Post by Jim »

Freedomforall wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:22 am I could not find a translated version of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf06J50 ... fnD7PNpHrA
Youtube does have computer-generated English subtitles if you like. Go to Settings (the gear), subtitles.
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

Jim wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:58 am Youtube does have computer-generated English subtitles if you like. Go to Settings (the gear), subtitles.
Well, it has auto-generated French subtitles which are then automatically translated into English. The result is good enough that it makes me wish I could understand it in the original language :|

Is it a kind of kilt that he's wearing, or is it something else. Can't quite figure it out.
Spirou003
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Spirou003 »

I think it's a skirt that looks like a kilt.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

He said it himself, it is a skirt that he has on.
Sure it has a plaid check and wraps around but still a skirt.
Note some similarity but this was posted in the cafe in 2012.
I am wearing a sporran, the material is a combination of Harris tweed and the Kennedy family tartan.
It wraps around my waist, buckles on the right hand side but I promise that it is still a skirt and not a kilt.
The tights here are grey but I had it on this week with scarlet ones and an Arran knit pullover.
The sporran has not come out of the drawer in years as I got to reckoning that it was creating a false impression of what I was actually wearing.
On the subject of his comments, he made the best sense that I have heard in many a long year. It would be something to meet him face to face.
Who knows, perhaps in 2021 we will finally be able to end the myth that men have lesser choices in the clothing stakes?
Steve.
Just an added thought, that skirt cost around £120 at the time. As a complete one off bespoke item good value in my opinion. A "Kilt" in the Kennedy tartan would have set me back around £600.00 and really it would have been nothing special.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

STEVIE wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:12 am He said it himself, it is a skirt that he has on.
Sure it has a plaid check and wraps around but still a skirt.
Note some similarity but this was posted in the cafe in 2012.
I am wearing a sporran, the material is a combination of Harris tweed and the Kennedy family tartan.
It wraps around my waist, buckles on the right hand side but I promise that it is still a skirt and not a kilt.
The tights here are grey but I had it on this week with scarlet ones and an Arran knit pullover.
The sporran has not come out of the drawer in years as I got to reckoning that it was creating a false impression of what I was actually wearing.
On the subject of his comments, he made the best sense that I have heard in many a long year. It would be something to meet him face to face.
Who knows, perhaps in 2021 we will finally be able to end the myth that men have lesser choices in the clothing stakes?
Steve.
Just an added thought, that skirt cost around £120 at the time. As a complete one off bespoke item good value in my opinion. A "Kilt" in the Kennedy tartan would have set me back around £600.00 and really it would have been nothing special.
That is quite a handsome look Stevie!
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Post by john62 »

A very good look Stevie.

John
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Thanks Guys
At the time I called it the "Nukilt" and had an ambition that it may have been taken up by other men.
That never happened and nowadays it is simply part of my skirt repertoire.
Being all wool it is very warm to wear but not good at all in windy conditions.
Most importantly, I like it and enjoy wearing it when the fancy takes me.
Steve.