Married Dad Wears Heels And Dresses To Challenge Gender Stereotypes

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Married Dad Wears Heels And Dresses To Challenge Gender Stereotypes

Post by new2skirts »

STEVIE wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:24 pm Hi Guys
Above all, Go Mark, do your thing as only you know how. I make these comments with due respect.
"Mark as in Mark", does say it all really. He has the individuality and the confidence to make the most of his style choices.
Instead of holding him up as some kind of benchmark though, find yourself and own the look of your personal choice,
Be inspired by people like Mark but unachievable aspiration is just a waste of good energy.
If you always start with a comparison, disappointment will almost surely follow.
Ain't never going to happen but I'd have loved to have looked like Lorne Greene when he was Ben Cartwright,
You youngsters can google the name. Just imagine the hours of fun I could have had with my clothing choices in that persona.
Yee Haw!
Steve.
I never compare, but like most of us, do look for inspiration for an ideal look. I too prefer the straight skirt / mens shirt look, but we do have to make the look our own. I don't have a job, money or such popularity as Mark or some others here... but I am looking into returning to traditional highland wear and starting an online business at some time next year. I do like unbifurcated garments as an option, but may try a kilted forum, perhaps Facebook to gain traction if work picks up again in 2021 8)
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

new2skirts
I wish you well and hope you find what you seek in your personal journey.
In the popularity stakes, I can't say that I figure very highly either.
However, I have been around long enough not to care too much.
Good Luck
Steve
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

new2skirts wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:52 pm
Ray wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:14 pm A positive article.

The original article (top of thread) is wrong. Mark does NOT wear dresses. Lazy journalism.

I so echo Mark’s look (only I’m nowhere near as good at pulling it off). I’m wearing much the same at the moment. Female gendered from the waist down, male from the waist up - but of course the whole rig is just clothes to me. No gender.
I bet you look good in it too. I have been emulating the same look, pencil skirts and tights / stockings, sensible booties or boots, but with turtle neck sweaters or a regular mens shirt. Mark is blazing a trail as an influencer on Instagram, photoshoots etc. The stilettos are a bit much due to tiny heel, but in regular jeans skirts not an eyelid batted when going to the shops on my allowed exercise under Covid restrictions (Tier 5) :)
Thank you for your kind words.

I’ve been looking to get a pencil skirt - ideally a lined one with a little stretch on the waist. I love the look when paired with good quality sheer hosiery* and heels. Add a crisp men’s shirt and off you go! Super smart - and the rig feels good to wear too. The pics that you and Mark have posted give me inspiration.

* I really don’t like the bare leg look although I recognise that it can be very comfortable - if you don’t wear shoes! Bare feet in shoes? I’ll run a mile...
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by new2skirts »

STEVIE wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:49 pm new2skirts
I wish you well and hope you find what you seek in your personal journey.
In the popularity stakes, I can't say that I figure very highly either.
However, I have been around long enough not to care too much.
Good Luck
Steve
Thanks Stevie! My journey is probably more towards highland wear, as I do have a fair few kilts (I was known as Kilty when I first joined many years ago)... I do enjoy the variety of tartans, but have learnt to appreciate wide variety of colours of straight skirts apart from denim, just like Mark. It's not so much to be popular, as to educate. I don't have the financial clout as Mark as a manager, so it's baby steps. A kilt is more socially acceptable, but if I get photoshoots, who knows what will be in the mix.

Ray, I would love to see some of your looks for some inspiration too :eye:
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...