Married Dad Wears Heels And Dresses To Challenge Gender Stereotypes

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
FranTastic444
Member Extraordinaire

Married Dad Wears Heels And Dresses To Challenge Gender Stereotypes

Post by FranTastic444 »

Apologies if this has been covered already.

Article here.

The guy in the pictures looks kinda familiar :-)
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Married Dad Wears Heels And Dresses To Challenge Gender Stereotypes

Post by Coder »

kingfish
Member Extraordinaire

Post by kingfish »

That's Mark as in Mark. A batch of his selfies went viral.
steamman

Post by steamman »

Predictable comments in the daily mail. What people forgot is that anyone has the right to wear anything and it doesn’t matter if on the part of the observer they think it looks ridiculous: it’s their problem, not the individual choosing to be who they want to be.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

I’ve also stated this on another thread. You’re right. It’s best to ignore the DM readers, bless them and their bulging brood of prejudices.... ;-)
Shilo
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Shilo »

It amazes me that anyone would buy that s****. And how the so-called journalists who work there sleep at night passes all understanding.
:roll:
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Shilo wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:21 pmIt amazes me that anyone would buy that s****. And how the so-called journalists who work there sleep at night passes all understanding.
P.T. Barnum summed it all up perfectly well over a century ago, "There is a sucker born every minute." This, of course, gives rise to the entrepreneurial mindset of, "It is a moral imperative to separate the sucker from his money."

And that, dear reader, is how civilisations are helped to die.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

Looks like Mark has gone viral....I see the article in at least 8 different publications, albeit pretty much just the same copy. Google Married Dad in heels... or the like if you wish to explore more. Congratulations Mark, it will probably be a burp in the wind, but more positive exposure than we usually get!
Shilo
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Shilo »

Plea to Mark.
Can you please send me several autographs.
I want to sell them on eBay.
Looks like you’ve got more than your 15 minutes of fame. 😀😀👀
:roll:
FrostedTheFlake

Post by FrostedTheFlake »

This has made its way through the LGBT News sites recently, too, and with overwhelmingly positive reaction.
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by new2skirts »

Rihanna thinks he's cool and has "slid into his DM's" on Instagram. Very positive comments overall :wink:
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

A positive article.

The original article (top of thread) is wrong. Mark does NOT wear dresses. Lazy journalism.

I so echo Mark’s look (only I’m nowhere near as good at pulling it off). I’m wearing much the same at the moment. Female gendered from the waist down, male from the waist up - but of course the whole rig is just clothes to me. No gender.
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by new2skirts »

Ray wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:14 pm A positive article.

The original article (top of thread) is wrong. Mark does NOT wear dresses. Lazy journalism.

I so echo Mark’s look (only I’m nowhere near as good at pulling it off). I’m wearing much the same at the moment. Female gendered from the waist down, male from the waist up - but of course the whole rig is just clothes to me. No gender.
I bet you look good in it too. I have been emulating the same look, pencil skirts and tights / stockings, sensible booties or boots, but with turtle neck sweaters or a regular mens shirt. Mark is blazing a trail as an influencer on Instagram, photoshoots etc. The stilettos are a bit much due to tiny heel, but in regular jeans skirts not an eyelid batted when going to the shops on my allowed exercise under Covid restrictions (Tier 5) :)
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Hi Guys
Above all, Go Mark, do your thing as only you know how. I make these comments with due respect.
"Mark as in Mark", does say it all really. He has the individuality and the confidence to make the most of his style choices.
Instead of holding him up as some kind of benchmark though, find yourself and own the look of your personal choice,
Be inspired by people like Mark but unachievable aspiration is just a waste of good energy.
If you always start with a comparison, disappointment will almost surely follow.
Ain't never going to happen but I'd have loved to have looked like Lorne Greene when he was Ben Cartwright,
You youngsters can google the name. Just imagine the hours of fun I could have had with my clothing choices in that persona.
Yee Haw!
Steve.