Being Judged, Fired, for what you wear....

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Being Judged, Fired, for what you wear....

Post by Faldaguy »

by crfriend » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:07 am

"Judging a book by its cover" is usually a bad idea, but sometimes it's the only thing we can go on --

I get curious looks from little ones all the time it they're in my presence..., When confronted so, I'll speak to the youngster in a gentle but normal tone ... to reassure that I pose no threat. This I do not mind.

I suppose part of the "normalcy aspect" might simply be, "Don't frighten the children." One can appear non-conventional and still not be startling or frightening.
Thank you for the clarification. I too have had the 'deer in the headlights" response from kids; and find it a ready opening to put them at ease and probably help create an atmosphere of tolerance in general. Perhaps the staff in that school with the heavily tattooed guy needed to be cognizant of the concern and prepare the kids upon there initial introduction.

Too bad it is not so easy to bring adults into the fold, be it for clothing, gender, hobbies, skin color, religion, or a dozen other 'prejudices' that are little more than skin deep.
My general reaction to tattoos is -- and with women especially -- "What a rotten shame about all that scarring". The person that develops a safe, painless, and permanent way to remove tattoos is going to make Bill Gates look like a pauper.
I'm with you the there, all the way. I don't know why some type of Henna tattoo has not taken hold. Let me know when the IPO comes out!
Spirou003
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Spirou003 »

I totally agree with crfriend's last post. Children can be afraid by him, mostly youngers ones, thus for that reason I won't have much sympathy for him. As moonshadow told, he knew what he was doing and what risks he was going to encounter.
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

crfriend wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:07 pm The person that develops a safe, painless, and permanent way to remove tattoos is going to make Bill Gates look like a pauper.
Tattoo removal is a thing. They use lasers.

I know about it because there is a charity here that offers to pay for the removal in cases where it's hurting their chance of getting a job.
Newsitem (in Dutch). Strangely, a tattoo of a gun on your face makes it harder to get a job (surprised pikachu)
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

rode_kater wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:35 pmStrangely, a tattoo of a gun on your face makes it harder to get a job (surprised pikachu)
Gee, I wonder how that came about.

I note the time that it takes for the LASERs to erase the things -- 2 1/2 years. Add to my commentary about tattoo removal, "quickly".
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!