What tha....

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Re: What tha....

Post by denimini »

moonshadow wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:45 am ... is debating matters of biblical dogma.
It's OK, I enjoy oxymorons.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Wonderful Electric wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:07 pm Why and how is it possible to interpret the same book so many different ways? I know we have some skirted church attenders here. How is it that your church accepts you guys without the goal of changing your skirt wearing?
The Mennonite Church may be a little more consistent than some Fundementalist groups in not considering Old Testament law for the Jews as binding on Gentile Christians. But elsewhere in the same chapter of Deuteronomy says to not make clothes of mixed fibers and to have tassels on the four corners of one's garment. Few follow these laws. You can read Deuteronomy 22 here:
https://www.blueletterbible.org/niv/deu/22/1/s_175001
Shilo
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Shilo »

It still amazes me that these people believe they have the right to enforce their beliefs and behaviours on others. It’s the height of arrogance to presume that anyone has a monopoly on truth. No one screamed louder than them when religious gatherings were limited in recent lockdown restrictions.
Believe what you want even that the bible is true but don’t try to get others to do the same
:roll: