What tha....

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

What tha....

Post by moonshadow »

January 2020... this guy writes a letter to an Oklahoma news paper...

https://www.muskogeephoenix.com/opinion ... dd989.html

:rofl:

Whatta piece of work that one!

Of note is I found this while searching for something else (I've got my social antenna tuned for potential anti-crossdressing laws that I expect to start peppering the "land of the free" shortly)

The good news is when we do go full blown authoritarian theocracy here stateside... at least women will feel the pangs of that good old timey American puritanism!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: What tha....

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Another fanatic nut job!
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Spirou003
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Spirou003 »

Can't read from Europe, due to GDPR... :(
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Me neither, interesting.
Steve.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

BTW GDPR stands for General Data Protection Regulations.
shadowfax
Member Extraordinaire

Post by shadowfax »

Spirou003 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:31 am Can't read from Europe, due to GDPR... :(
I used a free proxy server service with a US IP address to grab the article from https://www.muskogeephoenix.com/opinion ... dd989.html

ADMINISTRATORS Please delete this post if that is unacceptable.

"LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: Reader: Women should not wear pants, Bible says

Jan 26, 2020
Joshua Ashwood

Fort Gibson

My previous letter discussed Deuteronomy 22:5’s crossdressing prohibition, particularly women’s pants-wearing. Before writing me off as a lunatic, why not be honest and research this subject? Wikipedia’s article “Trousers as women’s clothing” is enlightening. The modern women’s trousers movement was largely started by feminists who donned pants to flaunt their rebellion. The movement grew when women, rebelling against Titus 2:5’s command for women to be homemakers, migrated en masse into the workplace. Until the past few decades there was resistance to the movement, with many anti-crossdressing laws enforced nationwide. (Yes, women wearing pants was actually called “crossdressing” nationwide until fairly recently. This was when there was still some national manhood left.)

Your fathers, husbands, preachers who know women’s pants’ lust-inducing effect on men should be telling you they’re immodest. The secular world proudly admits this fact. Innumerable ads brag how pants accentuate a woman’s figure. Countless movies, songs, etc. talk about a woman showing her “stuff” off in her pants. Tragic that the godless world is more honest about this than most professed Christians.

Most younger women have grown up thinking women wearing pants is normal. Most older women knew better in their youth, but compromised. But ladies, considering the witness of history (especially women’s britches’ rebellious, feministic beginnings), and Scripture (remember, crossdressing and immodesty- 1 Timothy 2:9 - are both abominated by God), shouldn’t you reconsider your pants-wearing?

True biblical manhood and womanhood are endangered species. Most men wouldn’t dare say publicly that they’re their family’s head. And most women would scoff at the idea of being in subjection to their husband. Folks, if you’re disregarding these things, you’re disregarding God’s created order, which is tied directly to Himself and His Son (1 Corinthians 11:3). Dangerous ground.

Things are so disordered that most “Christians” think John Macarthur is an unchristian meanie for saying Beth Moore and all women preachers are disobeying God. Friends, God absolutely forbids women ANY teaching post in the church (1 Timothy 2:11, 12). None of the godly female Bible figures (Deborah, Miriam, Priscilla, etc.) EVER taught in PUBLIC CONGREGATIONAL worship."
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

For those who weren't able to read the article, I would say you really need to be subscribing to a decent VPN. I couldn't access it the first time (I am now in the UK, but using a Belgian server), so I simply switched to a Canadian server. Problem solved. I never use the Internet now without turning on my VPN-
Shilo
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Shilo »

Another dangerous nut job. I’m not even going to point out the factual errors in his letter as I can’t imagine any members of this forum remotely agreeing with him.
No wonder democracy has such a bad time with people like that allowed to vote.
:roll:
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Here's another one I found from 2014...

https://pressofatlanticcity.com/news/br ... da8db.html

This one pertains to a small New Jersey township attempting to flat out ban crossdressing. The ordinance stalled (thankfully) but I fear the political climate is right to give it another try, and with our sitting "Handmaiden justice" it will probably pass as completely constitutional.

Here is a snippet:

MULLICA TOWNSHIP — The Mullica Township committee pulled an ordinance from consideration Tuesday night that would have made it a municipal offense to keep a “house of ill repute,” dress in clothing of the opposite sex, or generally behave in a way that reflects badly on the township.

As I read the article, I note that among others, the Libertarian Party (the only true liberal party) of New Jersey spoke up against the ordinance.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

I could open it which is interesting .............. and I could close it just as quickly which was satisfying.

I know they are out there, thankfully in a minority I believe. I am more concerned that our highest courts are getting stacked in that direction.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

denimini wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:39 pm I know they are out there, thankfully in a minority I believe. I am more concerned that our highest courts are getting stacked in that direction.
If you'll pardon my metaphors, like the raging wildfires, all it takes is a spark and the right conditions...

Right now, the conditions couldn't be better for some of the most regressive policies and laws we've seen in our lifetimes.

You mention "our highest courts", may I assume then Australia has fallen victim to this tyrannical cancer as well?
-Andrea
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:47 pmYou mention "our highest courts", may I assume then Australia has fallen victim to this tyrannical cancer as well?
Sadly, much of the "developed world" has been hardening towards "the right" in the past 40 years -- and it's not just the United States. On the surface, it looks more tolerant, but simmering under the surface is much rage and hatred that's been being pent up for a long time indeed. I suspect it's going to get much worse before it gets better.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Wonderful Electric
Distinguished Member

Post by Wonderful Electric »

Why and how is it possible to interpret the same book so many different ways? I know we have some skirted church attenders here. How is it that your church accepts you guys without the goal of changing your skirt wearing?
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Wonderful Electric wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:07 pmWhy and how is it possible to interpret the same book so many different ways?
It's only possible through cherry-picking of dogma and without reference to the entire context. This is where the zealots fail; they fail to take the entire thing into consideration before pronouncing judgement on assorted parties whom they disagree with.

Several decades ago I recall getting into a biblical argument with a few flat-mates and used their own work -- carefully cherry-picked -- to justify things like drugs use and homosexuality, and backed it up with "scripture". It's a game. Treat it as such, and recall that the Christian Bible only applies to a portion of the souls on this rock we call planet Earth.

To our ends, in "the west"; Deuteronomy is obsoleted doctrine and has no basis or grounding in the "New Testament" (Was the old one complete Bullsh!t?) and matters not one whit to non-Christians. Done. Game over.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

One bad habit I used to have (sometimes it still lingers...) is debating matters of biblical dogma. It seems just about all subjects you can imagine is contradicted both ways.

Over time I realized the most logical course of action is simply to walk away, provided they don't use their religion to hinder my own personal liberty. Otherwise I'm happy to point out that there is absolutely zero evidence to support any religious claim...
-Andrea