2020 Emmy Awards.

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Shilo
Member Extraordinaire

Re: 2020 Emmy Awards.

Post by Shilo »

Here’s something shocking I rarely admit to.
I sometimes wear socks with sandals to stop my feat getting sunburned.
Please don’t judge me for it.☹️
:roll:
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

I used to be a sock wearer 100% of the daytime, but the past few summers in the lower Rockies have gotten so hot that even thin nylons are too hot for my feet.

This leaves me in a dilemma, because I hate going sockless. I worry that my sweaty feet will make my shoes - whether suede loafers, or sneakers, or ballet flats - unbearably stinky. But in a previous discussion about socks some of you recommended doing without on my ballet flats, so I tried it. After a while I got used to it, and a little baby powder helped reduce both the smell and the sticky feeling.

But now I have another problem: Even with the help of powder to reduce friction, the insoles have been sticking to my feet so firmly that they have pulled away from the interior of the shoe. They get all wrinkled up between my toes and come out with my foot when I take the shoes off.

I guess I'll have to go back to "no-show" socks, but those are difficult to find in a size that fits (men's US shoe size 10).
Ralph!
Vige

Post by Vige »

We were doin ok with Shilo being in a safe place. You’re among friends. When are we to judge?
Then Ralph has to go and drag the discourse down to stinky feet.....
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

In the mid-ninteenth Century an English explorer returned from a period spent in southern Africa. He announced to a gathering at the Royal Grographical Society that he had discovered there a species of bison that had no noses.

Gracious me, said one learned listener, who asked: However did they smell?

'Terrible', our adventurer stated.

So there's the answer to stinky feet....Get rid of your sense of smell!

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

Looking at the outfit in total, the socks and shoes would indicated a Thom Brown outfit.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

FranTastic444 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:15 pm Image
I think the look is ok - but in my opinion I reckon his feet (as in hist socks and shoes) are too bulky and the black is too solid a colour - if you can call it a colour - vs the grey and white suited outfit - it is too foot heavy a look.

I hear others views and style is a personal thing -but I reckon he should be in a grey pump - that would be tone on tone and would look balanced. There's a ton of choices in pumps - theres a style to suit how confident or bold or capable you are.

given its a formal occasion I would have paired up a patent grey dressier pump eg.
Raakone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Raakone »

Maybe pumps aren't his thing. If I were wearing an outfit like that I'd go for loafers instead.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

I've posted about the show in this forum here - looking forward to the season finale now, I was worried they'd put him up in a full bridal outfit. We've been watching it as a family, and it pains me a bit as his character is stereotypically gay (or bi as the show indicates), he wears a skirt-like outfit frequently, as if the two go hand in hand.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Raakone wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:44 pm Maybe pumps aren't his thing. If I were wearing an outfit like that I'd go for loafers instead.
Don't know about you, but my feet don't come to a point! they look a) agonising and b) agonising! Still, if hobbling is your thing I suppose!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Big and Bashful wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:20 pm
Raakone wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:44 pm Maybe pumps aren't his thing. If I were wearing an outfit like that I'd go for loafers instead.
Don't know about you, but my feet don't come to a point! they look a) agonising and b) agonising! Still, if hobbling is your thing I suppose!
Oops! misplaced quote incident, oh well, it is near enough!
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

Big and Bashful wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:27 pm Big and Bashful wrote: ↑
Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:20 pm

I know what you mean - but pointed toes aren't terrible like that - they are fine to wear provided the shoe fits.I mean our toes aren't supposed to go all the way to the end ! And for the uninitiated the more middle of the road the heel on a pointy toe - the more likely you are to get sore toe - flater is ok and very high is ok.

I like them because they are more formal looking and finer - it minimises your feet so they are not glaringly a solid part of your outfit - like aheavy workboot would take over the look for instance - or in this case socks/shoes are very much more visual and significant than a minimal pump.

As indicated too - I'd agree a loafer would do a similar minimal job - there are just so many choices of footwear!

cheers
NZF
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Each to their own I suppose!
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

B&B

Form over function or does one have to suffer for one's art?
Steve.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Maybe I am just terminally practical!
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Well, it’s better than being practically terminal...