Would you wear a MIS promoting tee shirt?

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Would you wear a MIS promoting tee shirt?

Post by mishawakaskirt »

Since this is the news and advocacy section, I thought I would bring up tee shirts to get your feedback, thoughts idea's and suggestions.
There are alot of Kilt related shirts, with snarky comments on the market.

I haven't seen any MIS related shirts.

If some existed would you wear one?

You got any ideas on what it could would say?

Artwork? Etc?
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
Spirou003
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Would you wear a MIS promoting tee shirt?

Post by Spirou003 »

Heuu, I have no idea what kind of shirt are these ones (I mean, the ones related to kilts).

However, shirts with texts on them are very nice, but I don't wear them because of one (stupid) reason: I never know which color to choose as I love to wear all kind of colors! :-X (thus if I have a shirt with text on it, one day I will be sad to not have it in another color, etc)
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

I wouldn't wear one, mainly because I don't fancy answering questions and justifying sartorial choices, just like it is a fair while since I have been on a journey or done any public skirting, to be honest, I have hardly left my house since COVID struck and living in the area next to the hottest COVID hotspot in Scotland just now I can see no end in sight.
If normality ever returns and I decide to do some travel it will probably be skirted and if I am wearing a skirt then I would be happy to wear a polo shirt with a relevant message, depending on the shirt design of course. But only if it is humorous. Got to make me laugh!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Sorry but I wouldn't wear a MIS tee shirt either.
I promote the cause by doing it and hopefully how ridiculously easy it actually can be.
Steve.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

I'm with Stevie on this one. Lettered t-shirts are fine for teenagers but not for adults.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
victor1964
Member Extraordinaire

Post by victor1964 »

Here's one I have...
man skirt.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

I would rather wear pants than wear a MIS promoting tee shirt ........... and that's saying something.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

The notion of promoting or explaining with a T-shirt seems a bit redundant to me. I enjoy the opportunities to have a conversation when someone comments; however, my sense is that wearing such a Tee shirt would tend to imply "this is weird" (thus I need to explain it) as opposed to simply being seen as they are -- just normal everyday clothes.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

crfriend wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:13 pm I'm with Stevie on this one. Lettered t-shirts are fine for teenagers but not for adults.
I guess I m a rebel teen-ager then. Roughly 60 percent of my shirts have some form of print on them.
I guess Im in trouble.
I fail at another societal norm.
Im a Male wearing skirts.
40+ wearing novelty t shirts
Some times wears white after labour day.
I did however give up wearing dress shoes with sweat pants. So maby there is hope for me after all???
Nah, I'm comfortable with what I wear.
I'm sure the skirt will always garner a complaint/comment before the T-shirt will.

As a whole, Wow tough crowd,
I figured a few of us in a group this size would be pro skirt shirt. I guessing not. I'm glad I didn't design up or print any shirts. They would have been as popular as sandpaper lined underwear.

Victor1964 thank you for your support and the great shirt. U certainly got balls. Carry on
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

I do wear t-shirts, including ones with writing on them. That said, I'm picky about them. It would have to be both good and not offensive.

I'm also under 40. Not sure why that matters, but it might put me in the minority around here...
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

mishawakaskirt wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:32 pmAs a whole, Wow tough crowd, I figured a few of us in a group this size would be pro skirt shirt.
Nah, not really. What I think you're facing is a collection of blokes with fairly firm opinions on the matter and who simply state them. Note that the demographic here is a bit "older" than many.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

I wasn't being deliberately hard either and I apologise if I came across as dismissive too.
I simply see my skirts as promoting the idea of men in skirts by themselves.
Wearing a print pointing it out just seems a bit superfluous to me.
I'm 62 and I do actually own some printed tees that were gifts from my kids. I have even been known to wear them on occasion.
Steve.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Sorry, sorry. It is just not my strategy for wearing skirts in public; I wear them as if it is the most normal thing in the world.
I had a "Moto Morini" T-shirt once and would wear that with a skirt nowadays as it had nice coloured graphics.
I wouldn't wear a Land-Rover "T" shirt with a skirt as they would know I was mad (sort of hair shirt material) :)
Perhaps something like "ミニスカートのテコンドー" would be fun.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
K_Highlander

Post by K_Highlander »

denimini wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:10 pm Sorry, sorry. It is just not my strategy for wearing skirts in public; I wear them as if it is the most normal thing in the world.
I had a "Moto Morini" T-shirt once and would wear that with a skirt nowadays as it had nice coloured graphics.
I wouldn't wear a Land-Rover "T" shirt with a skirt as they would know I was mad (sort of hair shirt material) :)
Perhaps something like "ミニスカートのテコンドー" would be fun.
Google Translate is great: "Taekwondo in a miniskirt"

Ken
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I'm with misha on this. I must be a rebel too as most of my T-shirts have some sort of design or text on them. Been wearing them like that since a teenager and I guess that I've not really changed my outlook on that. I did think about having a plain black T-shirt with "It's comfortable, cool ...." on the front and ".... my wife wears the trousers." on the back. But she would never agree to it.. As for wearing a specific MIS T-shirt I wouldn't have the need. I wear a skirt. If anyone has any problem with it or wants to discuss it then I'm open for discussion. Why should I want to advertise what I'm advertising.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.