Keromar: old TV series from Belgium

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Orca

Keromar: old TV series from Belgium

Post by Orca »

We have overlooked an Oldie but Goldie TV series made in Belgium in 1970 and 1971.
The series is a fantasy story about a number of tribes in an area.
The Kers (people from Keromar) where the men wear short skirts (very short) or short dresses.. The ladies are also dressed appropriately for the obvious warm weather. Although I was around 7 or 8 in that time, I cannot remember seeing it on television. We did have their channels on Dutch tv in that time. The amazing thing is that you quickly forget about the men wearing skirts and pay more attention to the storyline. I did wonder what a blast it must have been for the actors.. A hot summer, lots of attractive people around and lots of bare skin. A few drinks in the evening and [you have imagination 😉]
The only setback for this forum is the lack of English language translations. The whole thing is in Flemish / Dutch..
I didn’t want to keep you from this gem in our history..

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=keromar
Swim Well, Brother!
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Keromar: old TV series from Belgium

Post by Faldaguy »

Like the old cowboy shows, even got the good guys in white and the bad in black! (Maybe another indictment for the current 'protest' thread in off-topic.) But yes, this looks like it was innocent fun and indeed they emphasized attractive people in short skirts -- fun for all. Thanks for sharing.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Orca wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:59 pm The only setback for this forum is the lack of English language translations. The whole thing is in Flemish / Dutch..
I didn’t want to keep you from this gem in our history..

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=keromar
Youtube does auto-translate captions for this, but sometimes they don't make sense at all.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

Jim wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:02 am Youtube does auto-translate captions for this, but sometimes they don't make sense at all.
You should see what it does to a Geordie accent:
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
Raakone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Raakone »

Thank you for the link. Saw the first episode. Naturally, had to think of what was going on, not knowing any Flemish myself (nor Dutch, but....apparently Flemish is radically different even though the languages are often lumped together) Yes, the Kers do look comfortably dressed. I rather like those tunics some of the men were wearing, although the short skirts were also cool.