Men's skirts video

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Men's skirts video

Post by skirtyscot »

OK, the last link I posted only had 3 minutes on skirts for men. This one is all about skirts for men, all 20 minutes of it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4nud234Ts6w

Some very interesting ideas in there, though the final choices are not as bold as I hoped.

But the main thing is that people are suggesting skirts as a realistic option for men.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Men's skirts video

Post by crfriend »

skirtyscot wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:29 amBut the main thing is that people are suggesting skirts as a realistic option for men.
Yes. Perhaps even "a new normal". Although in a way I hope it still stays a bit "cutting edge".

What I do wish would happen, though, is if one is to embrace the notion of wearing a skirt -- do away with the trousers underneath. Those kind of defeat the purpose and are entirely redundant and restricting.

Embrace freedom.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

11:04 Shaq... that's my skirt style man!

Mail that slick piece to Appapachia and I'll show you how this old boy rocks it in the U.S.A.!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

skirtyscot wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:29 am OK, the last link I posted only had 3 minutes on skirts for men. This one is all about skirts for men, all 20 minutes of it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4nud234Ts6w

Some very interesting ideas in there, though the final choices are not as bold as I hoped.

But the main thing is that people are suggesting skirts as a realistic option for men.
"Bold" is fun but in terms of fashion adoption "safe" is probably more important, and I think I detect a shift from the former to the latter in the way men's skirt-wearing is being framed and perceived. One day we will be able to look back and say "yeah, that was the year we turned the corner". That will be the same year that those stupid male and female icons stop being relevant.
Daryl...
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

Young guys who are into male fashion and have the means to pay for designer garments probably doesn't mean we are about to see standard back or denim straight or pencil skirts for men or boys in Walmart, Asda, JC Penny, Tesco or Åhléns (Sweden) any time soon.

But we live in hopes :)