Custody battle in Texas over 7-year-old transgender

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
User avatar
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 2252
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:25 pm
Location: Long Island, New York

Re: Custody battle in Texas over 7-year-old transgender

Post by oldsalt1 »

Dillion because of my tendency to be argumentative I have stayed out of this post

One question I have you are very critical of the ( "right leaning publications) I didn't hear any comment from you about the articles in VOX which is a left leaning rag.

So it would seem that publications only come under your criticism when they don't expound your beliefs.

Stu
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 710
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2003 8:25 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Custody battle in Texas over 7-year-old transgender

Post by Stu »

To return to the aspect of this story which relates to us, this child wouldn't be having most of these issues if it was perfectly natural and accepted for boys to wear skirts and dresses.

User avatar
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 1412
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:15 am
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Re: Custody battle in Texas over 7-year-old transgender

Post by beachlion »

With all the continuing talk about this subject: is the age of 7 still correct? ;)
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak

User avatar
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 4499
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:58 am
Location: Appalachian Mountains (VA)
Contact:

Re: Custody battle in Texas over 7-year-old transgender

Post by moonshadow »

beachlion wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:00 pm
With all the continuing talk about this subject: is the age of 7 still correct? ;)
That kid will have a 7 year old great granddaughter before this gets resolved! :lol:
-Moon Shadow
"Speak not but what may benefit others or yourself; avoid trifling conversation." - Benjamin Franklin

User avatar
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 1132
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:39 am
Location: Portland, OR, USA

Re: Custody battle in Texas over 7-year-old transgender

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

Stu wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:14 pm
To return to the aspect of this story which relates to us, this child wouldn't be having most of these issues if it was perfectly natural and accepted for boys to wear skirts and dresses.
Where on Earth do you get that? Clearly, in the womb this child's second testosterone wash didn't take and she came out as a girl with a boy's body. What factual evidence do you have to support your contention? To use the old terminology, transsexuals are not, with a very few exceptions, transvestites who took their obsession to its illogical conclusion. All of the latest science shows that they are just what they say they are; people stuck in the wrong body.
I'm only saying that you haven't (yet) presented objective biological evidence to support your point of view.


Actually, Ralph, I have in previous threads, but none of you bought that either, which is why I keep citing the sources I have, they have the biological facts in simple, clear, concise language. All of the scientific evidence demonstrates that the Gender Binary isn't just an oversimplification, it's wrong.

And it's harmful. It leads to the demeaning nonsense that so many of you have been spouting. I call it demeaning nonsense because it denies and delegitimizes the truth that the transgendered live every day. Belief in the Gender Binary fuels the hassles and violence the transgendered have to endure.

For the record, I identify as a genderfluid, heterosexual male. Saying that you're male doesn't preclude your being genderfluid and vice versa; sex and gender are two different axes of who you are as a person. A third is sexual orientation, who you want to have sex with.

And the oppression the overwhelming majority of us live with on a daily basis. It took me till my mid-60's to dress as I really wanted to and only the last few years to go to work dressed as I please. Even that's not quite true. Most days I wear a dress to work, but one day because I was running late, I put on a dress shirt, slacks, socks and men's shoes because it's so much quicker but felt, as I told my gay officemate, "This outfit doesn't go with my (long, red) nails!" In short, my efforts to complete my look have succeeded in precluding my wearing menswear if I happened to feel like it!
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.

Stu
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 710
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2003 8:25 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Custody battle in Texas over 7-year-old transgender

Post by Stu »

Pdxfashionpioneer wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:20 pm
Where on Earth do you get that? Clearly, in the womb this child's second testosterone wash didn't take and she came out as a girl with a boy's body. What factual evidence do you have to support your contention? To use the old terminology, transsexuals are not, with a very few exceptions, transvestites who took their obsession to its illogical conclusion. All of the latest science shows that they are just what they say they are; people stuck in the wrong body.
That is also an assumption. It may well be the case that this child's issues are psychological rather than biological, and he/she grows out of it. We don't know.

But you have completely missed the point I was trying to make. When I talked about "these issues", I was not referring to this child's gender identity, but to the matter of clothing. If it were perfectly socially acceptable for boys to wear dresses, then his dad wouldn't have a problem with him wearing "girls' clothes" because there would be no such thing as "girls' clothes". Both parents could let the child dress as he/she wished. It wouldn't solve every issue, but it would solve the clothing part, and that is a major bone of contention in this and similar cases.

User avatar
Jim
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 772
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:39 am
Location: Northern Illinois, USA

Re: Custody battle in Texas over 7-year-old transgender

Post by Jim »

Pdxfashionpioneer wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:20 pm
Clearly, in the womb this child's second testosterone wash didn't take and she came out as a girl with a boy's body. What factual evidence do you have to support your contention?
Clearly???
As part of the ruling, James Younger was allowed to decide which name he wanted to be called and how he wanted to present himself.

James decided to attend school as a boy and be called by his given name.

User avatar
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 1132
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:39 am
Location: Portland, OR, USA

Re: Custody battle in Texas over 7-year-old transgender

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

Stu, the issue between the parents and that the father has with his child is that Luna says she's a girl when his Dad thinks she's a boy. Clothing per se is a secondary issue. As it is in all of these cases.

Jim, the most in-depth article I read on this case said that the father enrolled the child as a boy -- kids don't enroll themselves at that age -- but the teacher, anticipating the father's move, had brought extra clothes, including dresses, for the child and Luna chose to change into one of the dresses.
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.

User avatar
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 2252
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:25 pm
Location: Long Island, New York

Re: Custody battle in Texas over 7-year-old transgender

Post by oldsalt1 »

Teacher should be fired what rite does she have to supercede the parents wishers . If you sent your daughter to school and the teacher thought she should was a tom boy would you approve of her providing boys clothing for her . Don't want a BS answer simply put if the teacher changed how you sent you child to school would you approve

Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 673
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:07 pm

Re: Custody battle in Texas over 7-year-old transgender

Post by Gusto10 »

oldsalt1 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:30 am
Again I will ask is the child dysphoric because they are truly unsure of what they are or is it because the parents are trying to impose their desires upon the child.

What if the mother is a complete nut job and wanted a matched set of twins with one boy and one girl. and this is the one she chose to be the girl.
From experience with a divorce that wasn't the easiest, and a late ex who wanted to have sole custody, any excuse to gain sole custody is as good as another.

The information in the news clippings is insufficient to see whether or not the gender choice was the only argument and what was brought forward in relation to the other child?
Many times, mostly the mothers, seek sole custody one way or the other. Many times they will show no respect for the court verdict and fathers will be left in the cold with sole task of being an ATM. It's not without reason that there are many organisations fighting for the rights of fathers to see their kids. The lawyers and judges involved with these cases are most times women.
The history of law:
Till the 70's of last century women would get sole custody, fathers wouldn't even have the right to see their kids. That changed in the 70's. By the 90's sole custody could be given to either parent, but shared custody was preferred. If one of the parents didn't comply the other would be empty handed as no means were given to enforce continuation of joint custody.
One of the ways kids are "forced" to chose for either parent is by spoiling them. Giving toys or with girls the clothes they like. Promisses of expensive trips to far away places, a horse after passing final exams, what ever. Often enough mothers claim that the father abused the kids in order to obtain sole custody. Such fights where the welfare of the kids is forgotten are very sad and cause trauma's by the kids and most times fathers who will step back to give the kids the peace they need, often enough resulting in total alienation.
While doing research in the subject I learned that in most cases this fight was caused by the mother and those have in most cases a borderline tendency.

User avatar
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 3921
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:28 pm
Location: York, England

Re: Custody battle in Texas over 7-year-old transgender

Post by Sinned »

Gusto, it may have been and still is that custody could be awarded to either parent - in theory. In practice, custody was still mostly awarded to the female parent unless there were very strong reasons why not. My son had to really fight his partner very hard in court for custody of his children so I have experience of this.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.

Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 673
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:07 pm

Re: Custody battle in Texas over 7-year-old transgender

Post by Gusto10 »

Sinned wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:49 pm
Gusto, it may have been and still is that custody could be awarded to either parent - in theory. In practice, custody was still mostly awarded to the female parent unless there were very strong reasons why not. My son had to really fight his partner very hard in court for custody of his children so I have experience of this.
Sinned, I too have gone through the fight. Many of my friends also. Most stepped back on advice of the welfare workers. They either don't see their kids anymore or it's a strained relationship. Many of us have a legal training and still….
I don't know whether your son is familiar with: https://www.fathers-4-justice.org/

User avatar
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 3921
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:28 pm
Location: York, England

Re: Custody battle in Texas over 7-year-old transgender

Post by Sinned »

Yes he is but wasn't much help. What decided in his favour was that she temporarily gave him custody then changed her mind. There followed several court visits where when my son took them to her for the scheduled holiday visits she would refuse to return them. Back to court to uphold the court documents. Eventually the judge got fed up and said that she couldn't do it any more and would hold her on contempt and fine her. She hasn't done it since.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.

User avatar
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 695
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:00 pm

Re: Custody battle in Texas over 7-year-old transgender

Post by Freedomforall »

Sinned wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:30 am
Yes he is but wasn't much help. What decided in his favour was that she temporarily gave him custody then changed her mind. There followed several court visits where when my son took them to her for the scheduled holiday visits she would refuse to return them. Back to court to uphold the court documents. Eventually the judge got fed up and said that she couldn't do it any more and would hold her on contempt and fine her. She hasn't done it since.

I fought long and hard for joint custody of my son who is now grown. I never said anything bad about his mother, as I knew her own devices would appear obvious to him one day. It was one of the darkest periods of my life. My wife stood by me, but I felt so alienated. The courts were always questioning me, but never her. It seemed no one was in my corner at all. I joined supports groups online and found it was a common theme.

Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 673
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:07 pm

Re: Custody battle in Texas over 7-year-old transgender

Post by Gusto10 »

Freedomforall wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:31 am
Sinned wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:30 am
Yes he is but wasn't much help. What decided in his favour was that she temporarily gave him custody then changed her mind. There followed several court visits where when my son took them to her for the scheduled holiday visits she would refuse to return them. Back to court to uphold the court documents. Eventually the judge got fed up and said that she couldn't do it any more and would hold her on contempt and fine her. She hasn't done it since.

I fought long and hard for joint custody of my son who is now grown. I never said anything bad about his mother, as I knew her own devices would appear obvious to him one day. It was one of the darkest periods of my life. My wife stood by me, but I felt so alienated. The courts were always questioning me, but never her. It seemed no one was in my corner at all. I joined supports groups online and found it was a common theme.
When fighting my late ex, I found an on-line book with the title (translated) "How to steal a child". It was written by a man who has had the same experience. In the law there are means given to prosecute in case of non compliance with the custody order. My experience is that police and the prosecutor will do anything to get the file of their desk, even accept statements which contradict what has been done by the police self and court judgements. The maximum sentence would be 9 years of imprisonment, anything over 6 years being a grave crime. Recently the Dutch parlement asked the deputy secretary of the Justice department to enhance means to enforce compliance with custody arrangements. The request was denied.
In 2013 the were a number of cases where one of the parents took the life of their kids and themselves after non compliance with the custody arrangements by the other parent ( an action of despair). I read of 6 such cases over western Europe within a timespan of 3 months.
Now talking to my (adult) child I'm confronted often with the mental conditioning (extend of "brain washing") executed by my late ex.

Post Reply