Custody battle in Texas over 7-year-old transgender

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Custody battle in Texas over 7-year-old transgender

Post by moonshadow »

Perhaps rather than call it "the trans agenda" it might be more accurate to say "a trans agenda"... but then again, are we not splitting hairs at this point?
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:26 pmMother: Apparently stinks at finding good men...

Seriously, thanks for the list, but yet the mind boggles as to how two people so opposed right down to their basic wiring could manage to have a relationship, or have children for that matter...
You have no idea how common that idiom is. Women, for some mysterious reason, tend to be drawn to idiots, then don't understand what's happening when the relationship blows apart after a while. It's bad enough that nice guys have a hard time finding women who will be interested in them. I guess there's no "beast to tame", or perhaps women just find nice guys "boring".
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

crfriend wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:50 pm It's bad enough that nice guys have a hard time finding women who will be interested in them. I guess there's no "beast to tame", or perhaps women just find nice guys "boring".
"Orlando" by Virginia Woolf is an interesting read.  Whilst some of the sex/gender stereotyping is a bit out of date, the way she feels it is perfectly natural to treat a man in a most despicable manner, once she has become a woman, is still relevant today.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

pelmut wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:54 pm"Orlando" by Virginia Woolf is an interesting read.  Whilst some of the sex/gender stereotyping is a bit out of date, the way she feels it is perfectly natural to treat a man in a most despicable manner, once she has become a woman, is still relevant today.
I'm guessing that the final sentence should be "... once she has become the woman ..." rather than "... a woman ...". Bloody lovely. If that mentality is still operative -- and it certainly was with prior lovers -- I suspect I'll just remain a bachelor for the rest of my days. :(

Obviously society has no clue as to how to deal with sensitive men. What a shame.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

crfriend wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:50 pm
moonshadow wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:26 pmMother: Apparently stinks at finding good men...

Seriously, thanks for the list, but yet the mind boggles as to how two people so opposed right down to their basic wiring could manage to have a relationship, or have children for that matter...
You have no idea how common that idiom is. Women, for some mysterious reason, tend to be drawn to idiots, then don't understand what's happening when the relationship blows apart after a while. It's bad enough that nice guys have a hard time finding women who will be interested in them. I guess there's no "beast to tame", or perhaps women just find nice guys "boring".
There is a trend where women tend to get married and after having had children, divorce and want to have the kids for themselves and a serious amount of money monthly (alimony/child support). From what I have heard from the wife of a friend, such was already becoming common practice in the late 80's. I guess that this might become less when the timespam for alimony payment is decreased. In the Old World such was in general "a life sentence". In many countries it has decreased via 12 years to a maximum of 5 years and in some countries only 2.

As to finding nice guys boring, there was an article in a newspaper on the modern Dutch Woman with the title: The Dutch modern woman, liberated and tough. They will bicker over whether her husband has put the dishcloth back in the right spot and all what the man is good for is acting like an ATM.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

In my view point "nice" refers to a decent person.

However, I have the impression that for women "nice" = wimp.
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

Grok wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:27 pm In my view point "nice" refers to a decent person.

However, I have the impression that for women "nice" = wimp.
These days, "nice" is often used in place of "kind" or "decent", but originally, the word "nice" meant something closer to "wimp", someone who was nice was someone who let others walk all over them and push them around. So I try to avoid the term altogether, but it's rather ubiquitous...
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Gusto10 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:13 pmThe Dutch modern woman, liberated and tough. They will bicker over whether her husband has put the dishcloth back in the right spot and all what the man is good for is acting like an ATM.
The answer in this situation is to practise selective breeding to remove that attitude from the population. Simply don't have anything to do (reproductively) with those that demonstrate or hint at such attitudes, and they -- and their ideas -- will eventually die without progeny.

I don't know why the author was picking on the Dutch specifically as plenty of that attitude I rather suspect is widespread in the world today -- or, at least the parts of the world where things are supposed to be reasonably equal (but very rarely are).
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Selective breeding, ah yes. There was a certain Austrian corporal who had just that in mind. His problem was that he had an awful lot of other things on his mind as well and as things turned out he and his experiment ran out of time because he made too many enemies.!

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Kirbstone wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:04 am[...] There was a certain Austrian corporal who had just that in mind.[...]
That is not what I had in mind! Yow! That one came in from left field.

I was simply pointing up that if guys don't like particular behaviours then they do not need to breed with those who hold them -- by individual choice.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Of course it wasn't, Carl.

I just had that in mind as I'm in the middle of a Phillip Kerr novel right now, many of which he wrote about that period in Germany when the Nazis burnt the Reichstag & got in. They made enemies of everyone who wasn't 'Aryan' and tried to use blond Swedish women to breed their ideal specimens. &c &c.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Kirbstone wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:27 amOf course it wasn't, Carl.
I didn't really think so -- but I had to play the hand that was dealt me. :wink:
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

crfriend wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:13 amThat one came in from left field.

Why were you only watching the right field? What rubbish sort of defence does that?
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

Ideas and attitudes are not genetic, and spread in a variety of ways. They need to be combated with better ideas and rigorous debate.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

crfriend wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:47 pm
Gusto10 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:13 pmThe Dutch modern woman, liberated and tough. They will bicker over whether her husband has put the dishcloth back in the right spot and all what the man is good for is acting like an ATM.
The answer in this situation is to practise selective breeding to remove that attitude from the population. Simply don't have anything to do (reproductively) with those that demonstrate or hint at such attitudes, and they -- and their ideas -- will eventually die without progeny.

I don't know why the author was picking on the Dutch specifically as plenty of that attitude I rather suspect is widespread in the world today -- or, at least the parts of the world where things are supposed to be reasonably equal (but very rarely are).
Why on Dutch women? Well the article was in a Dutch Neswpaper.