My landlord's wearing a skirt for a month!

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
howardfh
Member Extraordinaire

My landlord's wearing a skirt for a month!

Post by howardfh »

https://www.facebook.com/piggybanks128/ ... =3&theater

Well, doing "drag" for a month anyway. But posted the pic as that look a darned good skirt (in fact the whole outfit looks fab) - and I'll be popping down to support the charities. The pub is in Bolton, Lancs, and is directly opposite the station's entrance.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Re: My landlord's wearing a skirt for a month!

Post by skirtingtoday »

As one person says, he should do it all the time!
And if there are any comments, the charity tin could be waved under their noses!
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
Jetblasted

Post by Jetblasted »

They say it takes three weeks to form a habit, so ......
nervous walker

Post by nervous walker »

I saw this post and was working in Bolton yesterday so I thought I would put a skirt on and show my support. Unfortunately he had just returned from a meeting and was not "dressed" but was very welcoming and apologetic. We had a good chat about skirted activities and I will certainly be going back. Perhaps we localish members could have an evening get together there??? I look forward to any feedback on this.
cessna152towser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by cessna152towser »

How appropriate as a fundraiser for breast and prostate cancer charities!
I read the link to your landlord's Facebook page and sent a small donation via Paypal.
I logged on here this evening for the first time in months because I have a hospital appointment for prostate examination later this week. The patient information says "please wear loose clothing in case you need to be examined during any tests" and I am considering whether I should wear a skirt for the day. Apart from my kilts which I wear quite often, I still have a Midas box pleated camo skirt and a jeans skirt, neither of which I have worn this past couple of years, but one or other ought to get an outing later this week. The box pleated skirt would be an easier look to carry due to its passing resemblance to a kilt but the jeans skirt would be easier to gather up at the waist for a physical examination.
Please view my photos of kilts and skirts, old trains, vintage buses and classic aircraft on http://www.flickr.com/photos/cessna152towser/
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

cessna152towser wrote:How appropriate as a fundraiser for breast and prostate cancer charities!
I read the link to your landlord's Facebook page and sent a small donation via Paypal.
I logged on here this evening for the first time in months because I have a hospital appointment for prostate examination later this week. The patient information says "please wear loose clothing in case you need to be examined during any tests" and I am considering whether I should wear a skirt for the day. Apart from my kilts which I wear quite often, I still have a Midas box pleated camo skirt and a jeans skirt, neither of which I have worn this past couple of years, but one or other ought to get an outing later this week. The box pleated skirt would be an easier look to carry due to its passing resemblance to a kilt but the jeans skirt would be easier to gather up at the waist for a physical examination.
I guess that what counts is what is most comfortable, both physically and mentally, for you.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Go in a kilt or skirt. I have been for dental and hospital appointments before in a skirt and nothing was said. It would make even more sense if you had to have a prostate examination.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
DonaldG
Member Extraordinaire

Post by DonaldG »

Hi cessna152towser - great to hear from you again - I've missed your postings on the café.

I usually wear a jeans skirt for medical and dental appointments.

Sorry you weren't at our recent Scottish meetup in Glasgow. It was a good day, but shame it was just 3 of us skirted guys plus my wife.

Maybe we can arrange another meet soon.

Donald
cessna152towser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by cessna152towser »

Thanks for the advice folks. I wore my jeans skirt to my hospital appointment and intend to wear it again to the next one. Tried it out yesterday morning for a short walk to the post office, then drove to the hospital in the afternoon, then stopped in a nearby town for ice cream on the way home. No problems at all. First time I've worn a skirt (other than kilts) for over two years. Unfortunately, one of the back pockets got ripped on the way home when it caught on the door of my Land Rover but my wife has repaired it for me today. Feeling uncomfortable in shorts today so will wear a kilt to a committee meeting this evening and might wear the jeans skirt tomorrow when volunteering at my railway society. I suspect I may get some ribbing from the colleagues, but so what if it is comfortable for me. I've worn it previously to the Bo'Ness and Kinneil Railway and to Locomotion at Shildon, but hey that was when I was ten years younger and maybe looked better in it.
Please view my photos of kilts and skirts, old trains, vintage buses and classic aircraft on http://www.flickr.com/photos/cessna152towser/
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Hi Cessna,
Great to "hear" from you again, it must be years since I saw a post from you, good to see you are still around! also good to see someone else still has Midas skirts.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
howardfh
Member Extraordinaire

Post by howardfh »

nervous walker wrote:I saw this post and was working in Bolton yesterday so I thought I would put a skirt on and show my support. Unfortunately he had just returned from a meeting and was not "dressed" but was very welcoming and apologetic. We had a good chat about skirted activities and I will certainly be going back. Perhaps we localish members could have an evening get together there??? I look forward to any feedback on this.
Good man, yes, top idea. Just back off my hols (skirted 90% of the time in Ibiza) so after I've detoxed a bit I'll pop down again.
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

I can't help but speculate that someone who talks about dressing "enfemme" rather than more conventional terms like "in drag" or "crossdressing" (or just "wearing a skirt") isn't new to this activity :wink:
Ralph!
howardfh
Member Extraordinaire

Post by howardfh »

Popped in on Saturday wearing knee-length leather skirt and fishies, he was around but in jeans! Anyhow had a chat and he explained that quite a few newbies had been in in various attire from skirts to the full transvestite. As for the locals on Saturday, they were a bit bemused but possibly accepting, but in the end a lady came over to have a nice chat about clothing in general!

He is a transvestite himself and I reckon this "charity" business, whilst applauded, was partly/mainly his open door. Well done that man.
Mike
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mike »

Ralph wrote:I can't help but speculate that someone who talks about dressing "enfemme" rather than more conventional terms like "in drag" or "crossdressing" (or just "wearing a skirt") isn't new to this activity :wink:
I completely agree with you Ralph... another one of those, "I lost a bet," scenarios.
Mike

Who the hell is 'society' anyway?
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

cessna152towser wrote:Thanks for the advice folks. I wore my jeans skirt to my hospital appointment and intend to wear it again to the next one. Tried it out yesterday morning for a short walk to the post office, then drove to the hospital in the afternoon, then stopped in a nearby town for ice cream on the way home. No problems at all. First time I've worn a skirt (other than kilts) for over two years. Unfortunately, one of the back pockets got ripped on the way home when it caught on the door of my Land Rover but my wife has repaired it for me today. Feeling uncomfortable in shorts today so will wear a kilt to a committee meeting this evening and might wear the jeans skirt tomorrow when volunteering at my railway society. I suspect I may get some ribbing from the colleagues, but so what if it is comfortable for me. I've worn it previously to the Bo'Ness and Kinneil Railway and to Locomotion at Shildon, but hey that was when I was ten years younger and maybe looked better in it.
Hello Cessna ,Sorry to hear you are having medical problems , like the rest of us .I remember your report on your tour of the Highlands , and your meeting
with Jock Scot .
Must have been a couple of years ago I visited Stirling Castle and had a guided tour from with one of the guides . He was stationed at Stirling when he was
doing his national service . That must have been before 1960 . He then did a 3 year stint as an N.C.O. : Teaching the new recruits how to wear their Kilts.

Then I went to Inverness and Fort George to meet the Gordon Highlanders Re enactment Group .

Then down to Edinburgh to catch the Overland Express out to Berwick on Tweed and down through the Midlands to Bristol , Plymouth , and Penzance .
There was a problem at Birmingham and the train was running an hour late .....If I remember correctly that was a 12 Hour trip......

Looked at your photos again ...Great stuff ....The Bedford Coaches reminded me of my youth....5 shillings for a 30 mile return trip to the sea side