Move over NFL...

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Post Reply
User avatar
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 4910
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:58 am
Location: Appalachian Mountains (VA)
Contact:

Move over NFL...

Post by moonshadow »

Tired of politics interfering with your ball games and national anthems?

Well Hasbro games throws their hat in the political ring in an effort to assure that even family game night doesn't need to be without lopsided political bickering....

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/20 ... 201160001/

Women who pass go get $240 where as men get the standard $200.

F--- it.... I don't even care anymore. I'm dropping out of society effective immediately. Let various extremists kill each other... I'm going fishing.....
-Moon Shadow
"How do you propose to control me when you can't even control yourself?"

User avatar
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 4910
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:58 am
Location: Appalachian Mountains (VA)
Contact:

Re: Move over NFL...

Post by moonshadow »

You know, all rants and raves aside, I can not imagine very many males (boys or men) actually wanting to play this game, I know I certainly don't see the draw in playing a game I'm already at a disadvantage due to my anatomy. And I get the point at what Hasbro is driving at.... or do I?

There is something disturbingly subliminal about this, I can't put my finger on it.

Nevertheless I am but an insignificant pawn, a very small cog in a massive wheel on this planet. Frankly I've not played Monopoly in probably 30 years... we're more of a Yahtzee household anyway.

The message doesn't bother me, but there are times in my life when I don't care to consider social justice issues... yes shaving and family game night are among them.

Sometimes I just like to tune out. It's getting harder to do.... and THAT'S what annoys me. It's like cueing up a favorite moving, instrumental musical piece only to have to sit through a 15 second political ad on youtube.... I just get so sick of it....
-Moon Shadow
"How do you propose to control me when you can't even control yourself?"

User avatar
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 4910
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:58 am
Location: Appalachian Mountains (VA)
Contact:

Re: Move over NFL...

Post by moonshadow »

Further complicating matters... it's not really a good victory for women or girls either...

If they win, there is always the knowledge that they had a head start...

If they lose, they do so despite having a head start...

How is this empowering?
-Moon Shadow
"How do you propose to control me when you can't even control yourself?"

Grok
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 1917
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:21 am

Re: Move over NFL...

Post by Grok »

I would have no interest in playing this version, I am thoroughly sick of political correctness.

partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 812
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:05 pm

Re: Move over NFL...

Post by partlyscot »

Had to check the date on the article, "nope, not April 1st, WTF?"

This is not political correctness, this is purely a company jumping on a bandwagon, hoping to find a niche product to grab market share. They probably expect to sell a few to people trying to make a point, or trying to support a family member's situation or something. Actually producing it costs less than the cost of shipping and getting it on store shelves, so if they end up heavily discounting them, they'll still make a buck, and anyway, probably most of the losses will be incurred by the stores.

User avatar
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 4910
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:58 am
Location: Appalachian Mountains (VA)
Contact:

Re: Move over NFL...

Post by moonshadow »

Fair pay? Yes.

But this just seems so obnoxious.
-Moon Shadow
"How do you propose to control me when you can't even control yourself?"

User avatar
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 2902
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:48 pm
Location: Southeast Corner of Aiken County, SC USA

Re: Move over NFL...

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I used to play the game almost every night when I was married because my wife loved it. I became so sick of it that when she became past due at the gates to He!!, I pretty much stopped playing it. I will not be buying the new version.

I think it is ridiculous any way!
Fred :kiltdance:

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."


"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951

User avatar
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 4206
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:28 pm
Location: York, England

Re: Move over NFL...

Post by Sinned »

There are so many different versions of Monopoly [0] that I think this one will just get lost in the "noise". A gimmick.

[0] Star Wars etc, localised versions - we even have a York Monopoly based on the streets of York.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.

User avatar
Mike
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 293
Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 12:46 pm
Location: Alto, Michigan
Contact:

Re: Move over NFL...

Post by Mike »

Where are we going fishing?
Mike

Who the hell is 'society' anyway?

Jetblasted
Active Member
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:19 pm

Re: Move over NFL...

Post by Jetblasted »

moonshadow wrote:You know, all rants and raves aside, I can not imagine very many males (boys or men) actually wanting to play this game, I know I certainly don't see the draw in playing a game I'm already at a disadvantage due to my anatomy. And I get the point at what Hasbro is driving at.... or do I?

There is something disturbingly subliminal about this, I can't put my finger on it.

Nevertheless I am but an insignificant pawn, a very small cog in a massive wheel on this planet. Frankly I've not played Monopoly in probably 30 years... we're more of a Yahtzee household anyway.

The message doesn't bother me, but there are times in my life when I don't care to consider social justice issues... yes shaving and family game night are among them.

Sometimes I just like to tune out. It's getting harder to do.... and THAT'S what annoys me. It's like cueing up a favorite moving, instrumental musical piece only to have to sit through a 15 second political ad on youtube.... I just get so sick of it....
It’s all connected. It’s designed to drive a wedge between and divide people. The slow erosion of social norms, traditions are by design. It’s all part of the slow push for a Communist North America. SJW’s are just used to push a point. Alinsky Tactics 101. "Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it”. I haven’t watched TV in over 10 years because of all the garbage they push. The NFL full frontal attack on the redskins was when I turned away from the NFL. Everything Pink October is part of it, too. Whether it’s Black Lives Matter in Transgender Bathrooms with Confederate Statues at Target in North Carolina, it’s ALL connected. “They’’ want you divided and hating your neighbor. They want you weak & dependent. It’s all a part of the global strategy for a one world currency & government. No one will be immune what they have planned for us all. They expect us to keep our head down, focused on the created outrage of the day. It’s all a bunch of bull shot. When you start connecting the dots, it all becomes very clear to see.

User avatar
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 4910
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:58 am
Location: Appalachian Mountains (VA)
Contact:

Re: Move over NFL...

Post by moonshadow »

Jetblasted wrote:It’s all connected. It’s designed to drive a wedge between and divide people. The slow erosion of social norms, traditions are by design. It’s all part of the slow push for a Communist North America. SJW’s are just used to push a point. Alinsky Tactics 101. "Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it”. I haven’t watched TV in over 10 years because of all the garbage they push. The NFL full frontal attack on the redskins was when I turned away from the NFL. Everything Pink October is part of it, too. Whether it’s Black Lives Matter in Transgender Bathrooms with Confederate Statues at Target in North Carolina, it’s ALL connected. “They’’ want you divided and hating your neighbor. They want you weak & dependent. It’s all a part of the global strategy for a one world currency & government. No one will be immune what they have planned for us all. They expect us to keep our head down, focused on the created outrage of the day. It’s all a bunch of bull shot. When you start connecting the dots, it all becomes very clear to see.
Perhaps, but sometimes I think the human brain just can't handle the internet age... seems we have more knowledge, data, and communication ability than we can handle.

I used to think like that (what your wrote) but the more I consider the fuster cluck that is the human society, I have come to the conclusion that we're just not smart enough for such a scheme. It seems everybody is full of sh!t, some just more ths others....

So.... let us cast our line... I know a place where the phone doesn't pick up, and you shouldn't be able to smell the fumes from the world burning....
Mike wrote:Where are we going fishing?
Anyone that can find it is free to join me! :D
-Moon Shadow
"How do you propose to control me when you can't even control yourself?"

User avatar
crfriend
Master Barista
Posts: 11438
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:52 pm
Location: New England (U.S.)
Contact:

Re: Move over NFL...

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote:[... S]ometimes I think the human brain just can't handle the internet age... seems we have more knowledge, data, and communication ability than we can handle.
We can handle it well enough, we just need to tune our input filters more carefully -- and by carefully I do not mean only accepting input that we like; we need the "bad" as well as the "good" so we can continue to properly form opinions.

I was amused by the deployment of the term "communist" in a previous post. Whilst there remain a tiny number of those in the USA, the overwhelming bulk are of the plain old believer type that the USA is a democracy (it's not, it's a republic) and who reject, out-of-hand, any assertion otherwise. (It's astonishing how many folk that I talk to think it's a democracy when the Constitution clearly states otherwise.) Asserting that the thing is no longer even a republic but rather an oligarchy usually results in blank stares or vehement knee-jerk denial, sometimes even after all the evidence is laid out. Rather clearly, the indoctrination process was remarkably successful in that it can be still active even into advanced middle age (by which time, usually, most folks have seen enough of how things really work to know better).
I used to think like that (what your wrote) but the more I consider the fuster cluck that is the human society, I have come to the conclusion that we're just not smart enough for such a scheme. It seems everybody is full of sh!t, some just more ths others....
We are a nation of desperate souls. We have no security to speak of in our personal lives, our work situations, our financial situations, and even to the point where we have precious little hope for the future. Is it any wonder, then, that we're becoming a nation of drug addicts? The wedges that are being driven into the basic fabric are being done by design, and they're being driven in to keep the minds of the populace distracted from what's actually going on -- and it's got nothing to do with "commie pinkos" (to crib a phrase from years gone by). The answer is to sober up for a bit, examine what's going on, extrapolate the hard question of, "Why?", and then figure out what to do about it.

Think about it. The last time the nation was this divided over things was in the mid 19th Century. I'd call that nothing short of shameful.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!

Post Reply