Stop staring

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Stop staring

Post by Sinned »

I came across another article on this topic. MSN can be useful at times. https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/sa ... li=BBoPWjQ It sort of mirrors the struggle women had in getting tolerance for trousers and we are having getting tolerance of skirts. No doubt they'll get what they desire - they are women after all. It's always worked in the past.

".... she said that if more Saudi women started going out without abayas, she’d feel brave enough to try. She’s encouraged by some of the changes that have already swept the kingdom ...." Doesn't the same thought apply to men. How many times have we heard the mantra that if more men were out wearing skirts then others might try? Even MOH admits that if she saw more men wearing skirts then she may be more accepting. Chicken and egg?
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.