Skirt as protest

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Skirt as protest

Post by Gusto10 »

Again the situation that short were not allowed at the office, thus this chap asked via the social media for a skirt after consulting his superior and wore the skirt to office:
https://www.ad.nl/ad-werkt/een-korte-br ... &FORM=EWRE

Now his superior would bring the subject up in the next MT-meeting. The result thereof is not mentioned.

In my humble opinion, shorts should not be considered office wear as one may be expected to be representative, especially if one has client contact. Office and beach attire isn't the same.

One of the ministries in the Netherlands recently gave an advise to its staff as how to dress during to one hot day of the year (summarised: no beach wear). Everybody was affronted.
kiltguyire

Re: Skirt as protest

Post by kiltguyire »

Its a very casual skirt and top so shorts would have been ok I think if it were a suit then a work skirt would have been better.
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by new2skirts »

A lot of young people have told their workplace they are Genderfluid, which is widely accepted under LGBT laws at work. There has just been Pride Month, and that may be another way to wear skirts with no fear of reprisal at work if you really want to. Genderfluid avoids the former trans path many may have been inclined to follow. People are quite open minded, even if it appears they "unsee" us. The guy in the article should have worn a smarter skirt, namely a pencil with tights, or whatever other women world wewr to work. That skirt looks more casual.

Protests like this are "unseen" or ignored by most, bear in mind. And you may become "that guy in a skirt" who may be tolerated rather than accepted.

No UK articles regarding skirted builders, bus drivers or schoolboys so far :mrgreen:
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

:hmmm:
Can't read the article as a pop-up appears which, I think, is asking about 'cookies'.
Plus it would need to be translated into English. :(

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Translation of LINK:

Algemeen Dagblad

Yes, I accept cookies

box to click on accepting cookies (I usually am reluctant to open Pandora's box of who knows what lies within)

AD and Krant.nl use cookies and similar technologies ('cookies') to offer you an optimal user experience. This also enables us to record and analyze visitor behavior and add this information to visitor profiles.
Cookies can be used to display advertisements and recommend articles on AD that match your interests. Third parties can also follow your internet behavior. Cookies can be used to display relevant advertisements on third-party sites. Third-party cookies also allow you to share information via social media such as Twitter and Facebook.

AD shares the information that it obtains through the use of cookies and similar techniques, including personal data, in a partnership called NLProfile with specific Dutch publishers om , to create joint group profiles. By clicking on 'Yes, I accept cookies', you agree to the provision of your (personal) data to these Dutch publishers for the creation of joint group profiles, which you can read on www.nlprofile.nl .

You can find more information about this in our cookie statement .

To be able to read articles on AD, you must accept the cookies by clicking on 'Yes, I accept cookies'.

The service department can be reached on telephone number 088 - 0505 050. The service page can be found here. Click here to read Krant.ad.nl directly .

Privacy and cookie policy

Google Translate
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !