Breaking News Ireland

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
kiltguyire

Breaking News Ireland

Post by kiltguyire »

pleated
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Breaking News Ireland

Post by pleated »

From 'The Examiner'-
https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingn ... 31830.html
"The school said they are aiming to make children with gender-identity issues feel happy and accepted at school."
and
" Mr Sherlock outlined what will happen should students attempt to take advantage of the new policies.

He added: "Provided the uniform is compliant with the school uniform policy that satisfies our requirement.

"Now if a boy goes beyond that, seeks to exploit or to create difficulty or to do it for a laugh we have other policies - behaviour policies, bullying policies - which we will implement."
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

pleated wrote:From The Examiner' [...]

"Now if a boy goes beyond that, seeks to exploit or to create difficulty or to do it for a laugh we have other policies - behaviour policies, bullying policies - which we will implement."
Yes, that'll be the "policy" as applied to the boys, pretty much guaranteed unless the parents are 100% on-side. The girls get choice. In short, no victory here.

Damn.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
kiltguyire

Post by kiltguyire »

Complete melt down on radio, and horrible videos on line

http://www.redfm.ie/on-air/podcasts/nei ... autoplay=1
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Well there went 20 minutes of my life that I'll never get back (I couldn't sit through any more).

And to top it off I get to spend the rest of the day hating my gender and the body I was cursed with because the only thing I'm good for is pissing on toilet seats.

I hate this world. I wish humanity would go extinct.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
kiltguyire

Post by kiltguyire »

moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I can't say anymore. I'm going to offend someone. I must take my leave of this thread. Good day.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote:I hate this world. I wish humanity would go extinct.
You can't let this sort of thing warp your perspective on the world and the majority of its inhabitants.

I was unable to listed to the "podcast" as it's in some sort of a format my gear doesn't comprehend so I cannot comment cogently on the content, but judging by the results can infer that it was likely miserable in content and delivery.

"Non bastardos carborundum."
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

crfriend wrote:I was unable to listed to the "podcast" as it's in some sort of a format my gear doesn't comprehend so I cannot comment cogently on the content, but judging by the results can infer that it was likely miserable in content and delivery.
You weren't missing much... just raw sewage mostly.

He admits very casually and nonchalantly that "of course girls have been wearing trousers for a while now"

But then goes on to say... "but then boys in ssssssssKIRTsssssssssss!" (Gotta sound out the s'es like a slithering serpent)

Yeah... I didn't make it any further other than that other than to bounce around a little here and there.

The second video got about 7 seconds of my time. I would have liked to know if the hypocrite making the video was wearing pants...

And that's why I hate my gender. Hate.. it's the only emotion I'm permitted by the system. One side wants me to hate everyone who is not like me and the other wants me to hate myself... for being me.

*sighs*

But really I need to walk away from this discussion. So many statements are just clawing to escape my lips and I promised I'd behave.
-Andrea
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

moonshadow wrote:But really I need to walk away from this discussion. So many statements are just clawing to escape my lips and I promised I'd behave.
Besides I'd just be preaching to the choir anyway...
-Andrea
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Its interesting that in the U.S. most public schools do not require uniforms and dress codes are generally considered gender neutral. Indeed a boy probably could wear an appropriate skirt to school in California... or Alabama if he wanted to. There would be some resistance but I think it the boys wishes would be upheld.

Note that the resistance always comes down to bathrooms NOT the clothing itself, so as long as the boy used the boys room there shouldn't be much trouble aside from occasional bullying, but let's face it, skirts or not kids are going to bully one another from time to time.
-Andrea
kiltguyire

Post by kiltguyire »

moonshadow wrote:
crfriend wrote:I was unable to listed to the "podcast" as it's in some sort of a format my gear doesn't comprehend so I cannot comment cogently on the content, but judging by the results can infer that it was likely miserable in content and delivery.
The second video got about 7 seconds of my time. I would have liked to know if the hypocrite making the video was wearing pants...

She was running for president of Ireland and also local and European elections.
#
kiltguyire

Post by kiltguyire »

On a positive not the uniform supplier is ready for orders now and in the last 12 hours its turned from skirt to kilt, he he

Is that to appease the locals who knows

https://schoolwearhouse.ie/product-cate ... reystones/
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Kilts are at least somewhat plausible.
Last edited by Grok on Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pleated
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pleated »

kiltguyire wrote:On a positive not the uniform supplier is ready for orders now and in the last 12 hours its turned from skirt to kilt, he he

Is that to appease the locals who knows

https://schoolwearhouse.ie/product-cate ... reystones/
Looks like a kilt to me, and it is folded on the 'female' side.
https://schoolwearhouse.ie/wp-content/u ... 47x296.jpg