Another school with gender neutral uniform

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.

Re: Another school with gender neutral uniform

Postby dillon » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:38 am

Fred in Skirts wrote:While I do not care if anyone likes my style or choice of the clothes I wear. I still wear them for all of the world to see. I enjoy my skirts and so wear them with all of the confidence I have. But wearing them and being confident should be enough, if others want to try them then let them. If they ask me questions I try to answer them with truth and confidence. I do not try to tell others they need to try them nor do I care if they don't.
As with everything else we should show by example not by threats.

It's really NOT ABOUT men our age. Neither of us are exactly school-kids. So maybe we don't relate to this situation except through the jaundice of our own memorable discomfort. I hope kids will some day be able to be who they feel themselves to be, and express themselves as they will, even sans words to articulate their feelings. I don't see why anyone need feel bothered by people trying to do the right thing, whether it succeeds or not. Efforts may be ineffective because of the limited reach of policy, but that doesn't negate the ethical and moral worth of the attempt.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Previous

Return to In the News / Advocacy