Oscar Runway

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Oscar Runway

Post by Sinned »

Funnily enough this was on the news at some point and MOH drew my intention to it at the time. I remarked that the look was a bit OTT but why couldn't a man wear a more conventional dress/gown? She didn't ridicule the look or mock the person which I was pleased about. I think that she was just surprised. I could have said more but didn't want to labour the point to someone mildly antagonistic to the look.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
greenboots
Member Extraordinaire

Post by greenboots »

I agree it's OTT for most settings, but compared to some of the ladies' outfits, it was in keeping with the event. I was interested that as a homosexual man he was keen to stress he was not undermining his masculinity. To me, this is reassuring because someone from the LGBTQ+ community is challenging stereotypes of gay men being effeminate - he later chose to wear a trouser suit for practicality. This is an approach that many of us here take to skirt wearing.

Let's see more of this.
TheRod
Distinguished Member

Post by TheRod »

Amusing reaction from Glenn Close here:
https://twitter.com/thervt/status/11000 ... ryngula%2F
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

She was just jealous as his look was WWWWAAAAYYYY better than hers. :lol:
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Sinned wrote:She was just jealous as his look was WWWWAAAAYYYY better than hers.
True, but I also suspect that snooty look had something to do with column inches or her lack thereof.
Has Ms Close hit the headlines anytime lately?
Steve.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

STEVIE wrote:
Sinned wrote:She was just jealous as his look was WWWWAAAAYYYY better than hers.
True, but I also suspect that snooty look had something to do with column inches or her lack thereof.
Has Ms Close hit the headlines anytime lately?
Steve.
Ah yes... that will happen from time to time. Certain women that are accustomed turning heads when they walk in the room tend to seem a bit miffed when some guy in a skirt outshines them for a moment.

I guess that's one of the disadvantages of womanhood. There really isn't much they can do anymore that's remotely unique and thus make jaws drop....

All a man has to do is wear a dress.... and its front page news! :lol:

Oh well! :mrgreen:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.