Men's make-up in the news

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Men's make-up in the news

Post by JohnH »

r.m.anderson wrote:
JohnH wrote: With my chest mounds and bra size of 40DD, wide hips, and long hair I would look mighty strange with a beard. On the other hand I do have a deep bass voice so it is a shock for people when they expect to hear a feminine voice, they hear me speak with a voice sort of like Johnny Cash.

John
Which comes to mind:
I don't know if it was Johnny Cash or some other singer - "A Boy Named Sue" ? lyrics in the song or something like that.
One thing that draws me to SkirtCafe is men using masculine names instead of feminine names. I use my real name John and prefer to be referred by masculine pronouns.
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

r.m.anderson wrote:
Which comes to mind:
I don't know if it was Johnny Cash or some other singer - "A Boy Named Sue" ? lyrics in the song or something like that.
Yup, that was the late, great, Jonny Cash.

It was a tale of a boy who's absent father gave him a girl's name. He became an extremely tough fighter as a result and makes a vow to find and kill his own father. He finds him and beats him in a fight, but rather than killing him, makes peace with him instead.

Interesting story, and a fun song, but nothing to do with women's clothing or make-up.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Facial hair, lipstick and eye make up?
I might have given that a go once upon a time.
Resistance at home says that discretion is the better part of valour in this case.
A new dress will keep us occupied enough.
Steve..
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

My concessions to make up are a clear and what I call a very translucent pale pink, skin colour nail varnish on finger and toe nails and lip gloss sometimes. The lip glosses can be anywhere from brown, clear, pink or red. Whilst noticeable at times it's not so noticeable as lipstick. Having said that I do have one lipstick that's brown but when applied is almost the same colour as my lips which are normally a pink lip colour. No intention of using anything near my eyes. MOH thinks that I'm strange for using what I do. She'll sometimes take my hand to take a good look at my fingernails, rotating my hand to see the reflection off my nails in the light, but then say nothing so I don't know whether that indicates disapproval or resignation. Any idea from a woman's POV, Jenn?
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.