Golden Globes menswear (not all tuxes you know!)

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
renesm1
Member Extraordinaire

Golden Globes menswear (not all tuxes you know!)

Post by renesm1 »

This article talks about the (slightly) decreasing number of tuxes worn by men at the Golden Globes.

https://www.vox.com/the-goods/2019/1/7/ ... judy-greer

Now for me, that really isn't the story here (there will always be men who prefer to wear boring stuff). The real thing here is that I've noticed a change in the way that such stuff is reported. The tone is no longer one that scoffs at the idea. It is noting the change and is not being antagonistic about it.

OK, so there wasn't a man in a dress at the Globes, but this guy called Porter (no idea who he is) is pictured at another event in a golden jacket and dress combo, which I have to say is a great looking dress for a man to wear at a formal event.

All-in-all, I still feel that things are slowly going in our direction.
Please visit http://www.absolutegadget.com for the latest gadgets and games news and reviews
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Golden Globes menswear (not all tuxes you know!)

Post by Caultron »

I see the most likely avenue as starting in the entertainment industry and then spreading to the high-school and college levels. That'll be slow, however, until some unpredictable fancy of fashion takes off.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

I did not see any of it but I heard of a connection with the Netherlands. The tulips were flown in from my country of origin.

https://www.usmagazine.com/food/picture ... angements/
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

It certainly is not and this is where the revolution may really get off the ground.
The next stage will depend on the kids but remember, we were here first.
Steve.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

STEVIE wrote:The next stage will depend on the kids but remember, we were here first.
Someday my friend... we shall sit back and say "I was wearing skirts as a man before it was cool!"

Someday.....
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Hi Moon,
My son is 30 and he still reckons that it will become the norm within his lifetime.
I'm not quite so sure about mine.
Steve.