[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
skirtcafe.org • View topic - Why Most Men Still Don’t Casually Wear Dresses

Why Most Men Still Don’t Casually Wear Dresses

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.

Re: Why Most Men Still Don’t Casually Wear Dresses

Postby oldsalt1 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:02 pm

To Cr and Dave It is obvious that I have had many disagreements with both of you during my Tenure on the café. Cr in this last instance I have to agree with Dave that a lot of your comments on this issue are rude and inappropriate and in nature a personal attack.

And finally I would like to say that I am sick and tired of the cheap snide remarks being made about my President.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Postby Fred in Skirts » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:51 pm

To Carl and Dave,
I have been following this with baited breath as to who will try to kill the other first. As I see it both of you are right to a point and both wrong to a point. I do not believe in boxes or labels. So puting someone in a box or laying a label on them is wrong.

Carl you must remember that Dave lives in the upper West Coast area, and Dave you must remember that Carl lives in the upper East Coast area. Both of these areas are at odd ends of the spectrum from each other.
One is ultra conservitive (Puitanicly) and the other is ultra liberal.

We are not all going to agree with each other at all times and so why don't we bury the hatchet (1) and stop the bickering.

(1) Not in each other sheads either!
:kiltdance:

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."

Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Postby Fred in Skirts » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:56 pm

:kiltdance:

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."

Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Postby crfriend » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:36 am

-- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
crfriend
Master Barista

Postby dillon » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:42 am

As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Postby Sinned » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:43 am

Dan, as a member of the non-Americans I feel that I can hold up a lot of Americanisms to ridicule and that includes your President. I agree that he does give plenty of opportunities with his demeanour, head rug and comments and were he over here as a resident Brit I assure you that he would get worse treatment form the comedians. Parody, sarcasm, satire are well-honed barbs over here and have been used with dramatic effect certainly since at least the early sixties and probably even before that. We hold up our own politicians to ridicule just the same. If you ever saw any of the episodes of our "Spitting' Image" [1] programmes then you will know what I mean. The Queen [0], Prince Phillip, Maggie Thatcher and loads of others would tune in every week just to enjoy themselves being parodied and insulted. Any politician or other leading figure that is not thick-skinned enough to ignore or even relish such treatment shouldn't be in such a position. At one stage in my early life I did consider trying to get into politics as an M.P. but by then I was married with children and I thought to myself, "Do I really want such a life, living away from home part time, being held up to ridicule and the stresses of public life, just to wallow in the vanity of being out there?" Then reality asserted itself and I concluded that I loved my wife and family more and said, "No!" nand haven't thought about it since.

[0] "Gawd bless her little cotton socks."
[1] I wish that they would bring the programme back - it's needed now more than ever. And you can be sure that Trump Towers and their occupants would be right int he firing line. It would be tooooooo tempting for the writers and He gives out too many opportunities. And I suspect that He would love it!"!!!!
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Postby Pdxfashionpioneer » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:05 am

Once again Carl, Read. My. Posts!

I NEVER said categorically that men who wear skirts are Gay or Bi- or Transgendered, NEVER!

I'm sorry you're so damaged and insecure that you read it that way, but I can't help that.

Before you pull your crap again, READ. MY. POSTS. And read some of the current literature on gender.

Before you think, let alone claim that I fell into your so-called trap, Read My Response.

Dan and Fred, Donald Trump has excluded himself from being most of the American population's President with not only his policies, but more importantly his rhetoric and his whole approach to his office. He was elected President NOT dictator. Unlike Carl, he doesn't have absolute power over anything.
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Postby Uncle Al » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:36 am

Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-2020(and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Uncle Al

Postby Uncle Al » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:12 pm

After several PM's from members & "Staff", I've unlocked this thread.
It is still a valid topic, one which should be discussed.

PLEASE - Keep on topic, OK :D

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Uncle Al

Postby oldsalt1 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:36 pm

oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Postby crfriend » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:58 pm

crfriend
Master Barista

Postby moonshadow » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:37 pm

-Moon Shadow
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Postby moonshadow » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:39 pm

-Moon Shadow
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Postby crfriend » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:47 pm

crfriend
Master Barista

Postby Uncle Al » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:56 am

We FINALLY had sunshine today :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:
I was skirted all day & didn't have to wear a winter coat.
So, Moon & Jenn, it's headed your way.
Will probably take a couple of days,
but (as Carl said) "The Sun Will Come Out - Tomorrow" :sunny:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Uncle Al

PreviousNext

Return to In the News / Advocacy