A pinned links-only topic?

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
VoxClamantis

A pinned links-only topic?

Post by VoxClamantis »

I'm wondering, for the benefit of the newbies and the plain curious, whether there shouldn't be a pinned topic that only contains links without discussion. The discussion is good and certainly helpful to newbies and oldies, but I think that a pinned link-only page would be an equally helpful resource for others to see, at-a-glance, that they are not lone wolves, to see how much media coverage there has been, and to see how the momentum is building. I know that in my own links page I could only find about 1 news story a year from 2012 to 2016. Then the news just exploded in 2017 and there were stories from Europe, America, and Australia. Maybe it's just my academic perspective, but I feel like reading a story from a credible journalistic source is more impactful, and I'm wondering if the "In the news / Advocacy" forum couldn't cater to both camps/ Couldn't members post twice, once as a pinned link-only topic and again as an separate topic for comment, discussion, and banter?
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: A pinned links-only topic?

Post by moonshadow »

Realizing now that I probably broke the rule when I commented on the other thread, I have to honestly say I don't know how long such a idea would stick unless it was specifically laid out in a sticky, or separate board all together.

We here at the cafe tend to be like cats. We all pretty much do our own thing, never come when called, chase dots, scratch things, and have a knack for doing the exact opposite of what's expected of us.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
VoxClamantis

Post by VoxClamantis »

LOL & ROFL Moon
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote:We here at the cafe tend to be like cats. We all pretty much do our own thing, never come when called, chase dots, scratch things, and have a knack for doing the exact opposite of what's expected of us.
That and knocking things off other things with our skirts. As far as cats go, thank heavens the Earth is round, else cats would have succeeded in pushing everything over the edge by now. "Graceful creatures" my backside. Live with a few for several years and you'll learn...

But I love 'em. At least they not sycophants like dogs.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!