MIS are the outcast.

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.

Re: MIS are the outcast.

Postby Caultron » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:59 am

crfriend wrote:..What's the value in being "normal" when precisely nothing has ever come from "normal" people. The real visionaries that actually provoke a change in things are almost always "abnormal."...

Once again: Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. (Frank Zappa)
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
User avatar
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 4118
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:12 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: MIS are the outcast.

Postby kilty » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:49 am

Some people revel in being the outcast... I think the key is to accessorize more, or you will look like an old man in a skirt. Look at EJ Johnson, despite comments he
30945213_205944196674849_4954349092101685248_n.jpgn

26332678_362371040898705_8953187472603348992_n.jpg

3ED33AFA00000578-0-image-a-120_1491029923520.jpg

still looks great, but is obviously still is a guy. Maybe not so over the top, but the key is confidence in what you have on :wink:
kilty
Member Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 956
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:47 pm

Re: MIS are the outcast.

Postby skirtyscot » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:09 pm

A lot of us ARE old men in skirts!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 2741
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:44 pm
Location: West Kilbride, Ayrshire, Scotland

Re: MIS are the outcast.

Postby Caultron » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:20 am

kilty wrote:Some people revel in being the outcast... I think the key is to accessorize more, or you will look like an old man in a skirt. Look at EJ Johnson, despite comments he still looks great, but is obviously still is a guy. Maybe not so over the top, but the key is confidence in what you have on.

You gotta think that if he can get away with that, surely we can get away with what we wear.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
User avatar
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 4118
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:12 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: MIS are the outcast.

Postby kilty » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:39 am

Caultron wrote:
kilty wrote:Some people revel in being the outcast... I think the key is to accessorize more, or you will look like an old man in a skirt. Look at EJ Johnson, despite comments he still looks great, but is obviously still is a guy. Maybe not so over the top, but the key is confidence in what you have on.

You gotta think that if he can get away with that, surely we can get away with what we wear.

He is a Rich Kid doing it for attention, who also happens to be gay. The flamboyance and dont give two sh!ts attitude means he will always have followers, but even on Instagram there are comments asking him when he will transition. The more famous and wealthy you are, the more you get away with stuff. Seann Miley Moore is a singer who has a huge following on social media who is frequently skirted. The rest of the pics I have seen out there is more your Tumblr NSFW (not suitable for work) territory, usually of those transitioning or "gender fluid".

Occasionally you will see a guy in a skirt, but the majority will "unsee" you or group you with LGBT and not say anything. Even the socially acceptable kilt is a rarity as people just opt for the easy option of jeans or tracksuit bottoms in this part of town, plus colder weather will make most think twice about putting on a skirt for the day unless you have tights and other accessories, and need a bag to carry stuff as skirts rarely have sensible pockets.... it's too much of an effort for the average guy :roll:
kilty
Member Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 956
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:47 pm

Re: MIS are the outcast.

Postby Caultron » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:47 pm

kilty wrote:...The flamboyance and dont give two sh!ts attitude means he will always have followers, but even on Instagram there are comments asking him when he will transition...

In any situation (not just skirting) there's nothing you can do about some percentage of the people forming a wrong opinion. So let it be their problem, not yours.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
User avatar
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 4118
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:12 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Previous

Return to In the News / Advocacy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest