Upskirting - Should the gender of the skirt wearer matter?

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Upskirting - Should the gender of the skirt wearer matte

Post by skirtyscot »

crfriend wrote:
skirtyscot wrote:Thanks to Mark Twain or Otto von Bismarck, depending on which sources you look up!
Either way it's libel on sausage-makers.

I don't know about that. A friend of mine worked in a pork pie factory for a few weeks. It put him off them for about a year. All the bits you didn't think you could eat went into them.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
shadowfax
Member Extraordinaire

Upskirting to be crime after Lords back bill

Post by shadowfax »

The upskirting bill has been passed by UK Parliament. :D
Link to BBC news report
Offenders will face up to two years in jail.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

We aren’t breaking any laws, simply stressing the mores for which we are not to blame. But to be realistic, we are doing what we do because we need to. We can claim we do it for our skirted brothers, but social change is generational, and what we do really is a benefit to social evolution for the generations of men that will follow us, And that’s fine with me. I do what I am personally compelled to do.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

I have to say that I have never heard of this happening to anyone I know. Let's be honest - 90% of people in any public place at any given moment are wearing pants/trousers/shorts. I am only aware of this phenomenon from the media, so I have to wonder whether this really is a real problem or just something that has happened to a relatively small number of people ever, and it is being blown up as a major issue (e.g. by feminists seeking to portray women as victims and men as perverts).

I would say to anyone they might want to reflect on how many people they actually know personally who have experienced this. If it is endemic in public places, then fair enough - it's a problem that needs to be addressed. If, however, it is something we only find out about in the media, then it may be something of a rarity and not worth worrying about too much.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I'm sure it happens, but I don't think it's very common.

As for the media, the exist for one reason only, to generate ratings, and thus, advertising revenue.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
shadowfax
Member Extraordinaire

Post by shadowfax »

The upskirting bill received royal assent on the 12th of February and has now passed into law in England and Wales. :)
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

shadowfax wrote:The upskirting bill received royal assent on the 12th of February and has now passed into law in England and Wales. :)
Well done Shadowfax....I saw a reference to the Bill in the British Press this week....weeladdie
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

skirtyscot wrote:I don't know about that. A friend of mine worked in a pork pie factory for a few weeks. It put him off them for about a year. All the bits you didn't think you could eat went into them.
I have just one word for you: rennet.

NEVER visit a cheese factory.
Ralph!
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Ralph wrote:
skirtyscot wrote:I don't know about that. A friend of mine worked in a pork pie factory for a few weeks. It put him off them for about a year. All the bits you didn't think you could eat went into them.
I have just one word for you: rennet.

NEVER visit a cheese factory.
As a high school student I worked for a short while in a fast food restaurant. It took two years before I could eat a hamburger again. The day I started that job the manager told me “We’re supposed to show you a training film but our viewer is broken and we are short-handed today, so you’re cooking burgers today.” I was sixteen and had cooked maybe one hamburger in my life up to that point. That day the restaurant set a new record for all Hardee’s for the number of customers served in one hour! Those poor customers got burgers in any and every condition; burnt, raw, scraped up off the floor...any way I could manage to keep up and keep the grill full. But most of my memories from the experience consist of scraping up chewing gum from a sweltering asphalt parking lot with a putty knife. :puker:
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Apparently, and I've not tried this, WD40 is brilliant for removing chewing gum. And a number of other applications.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

WD-40 works wonders with chewing gum, some glues and adhesives. I have used it to do many things not listed on the can. By the way the "WD" Stands for water displacement.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Fred in Skirts wrote:WD-40 works wonders with chewing gum, some glues and adhesives. I have used it to do many things not listed on the can. By the way the "WD" Stands for water displacement.
The SECRET of WD40 is what it is composed of:
No not the secret stuff in Kentucky Fried Chicken
or secret sauce in McDonalds Big Mac

refinements of FISH OIL - after all fish displace water don't they ? !

Got a bumper sticker or decal you want removed WD40
Grease oil stain on clothing don't use bleach use WD40
Label on a bottle/can something else remove it with WD40
Sprayed on boots making them temporarily waterproof WD40
Better than penetrating oil in loosening tough nuts WD40
All purpose lubricating oil and then some
I buy it in a 1 gallon can and put it into spray bottles to spray
just like the expensive stuff in aerosol cans. About $17 a gal.
And the smell - pleasant unlike ammonia or bleach.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

I think it goes with the Y chromosome to like the smell of WD40. I am old enough to remember the product called Liquid Wrench. It had an even nicer smell. But I also like the smell of diesel fuel.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Swarfega is another smell that brings back memories of working on cars with my dad. Used to be green but now I believe it's orange.

WD40 - try spraying the toilet bowl and nothing sticks. Apparently the 40 comes from the fact that this was the 40th formula that they tried that actually worked well. Done under a project for the Defence. Or summat like that.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.