More Than A Quarter Of California Teens Are Gender Nonconfor

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Re: More Than A Quarter Of California Teens Are Gender Nonco

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

[quote="crfriendThe more he hears his echoes of how it's not possible for a man to be a man in a skirt the more he believes it.[/quote]

I didn't get that sense at all from Grok's last post.
crfriend wrote:it infuriates me no end that I'm no longer classed "male" but rather as trans-* by pop-science and radical feminism.

I don't know where you get that you're no longer classified as "male." Let alone that's all the fault of "radical feminism."

In the first place, the descriptor "radical" implies that whatever it is that you're talking about isn't mainstream thinking so, it shouldn't have much effect on most people's thinking. This is the kind of remark and mindset I was referring to a few months ago as misogynistic.

I suggest you check your attitude and find a way to stop being so mad at the whole wide world. If you do, I predict life will go whole lot better for you and you'll be a whole lot happier!
Grok: But a woman friend described my personality as being "in between" masculine and feminine.

That's entirely unsurprising to me; why do you think you like to wear skirts. Embrace that fact about yourself as "augmented masculinnity," as one of our members put it.

Oh wait! That was me! Nonetheless, I think it's true in your case … Like me and all the rest of us.
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Re: The Generalists

Post by pelmut »

Grok wrote:I don't know what box society would try to shoe horn me into.
The real question is why society needs the boxes at all.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
kingfish
Member Extraordinaire

Re: The Generalists

Post by kingfish »

pelmut wrote: The real question is why society needs the boxes at all.
The boxes provide a ready made conclusion without having to do any investigation and/or deliberation in real time.

Of course, those activities require thought. Which brings me to another pessimistic conclusion that I made several years ago...
There are two kinds of morons: Those that lack the capacity to think, and those that just plain choose not to.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

pelmut wrote:The real question is why society needs the boxes at all.
Well, boxes can be handy. Have you ever tried to move to a different residence without boxes?

Gathering a bunch of random plumbing fittings the other day, I neglected to get a little basket at the entrance of the store... thankfully there was an empty box near by that I pressed into service for this task.

Have you ever received a form that asked you to check a box, and all that was on the form were circles?
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Ralph wrote: I long for the day when men and women [per the biological sex, not the gender] can have whatever-the-hell traits we are born with or acquire and nobody feels compelled to pigeonhole us based on those traits. I'm a man who wears dresses with a strong instinct for empathy and nurturing, but dammit I'm still a man.
Amen, bro!!!
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

moonshadow wrote:
Gathering a bunch of random plumbing fittings the other day, I neglected to get a little basket at the entrance of the store... thankfully there was an empty box near by that I pressed into service for this task.
Suppose you had only two boxes, one was marked "Elbows" and the other was marked "Straight couplers", where would you put the tees, reducers, non-return valves and washers?
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

pelmut wrote:
moonshadow wrote:
Suppose you had only two boxes, one was marked "Elbows" and the other was marked "Straight couplers", where would you put the tees, reducers, non-return valves and washers?
If I am gathering them for a project them I would just dump them in one box and not worry about it.
I don't worry about labels or boxes, I am ME and only ME. If others put labels on me or put me in a box that is their problem not mine. As a famous sailer once said "I yam what I yam!"

I wear my skirts and dresses as a man and do not put on pretenses to be a woman. I do so daily and go where I please and when I please and have not had any problems to speak of in the 5 or so years I have been wearing them. I turn 76 on the 22nd of this month and my only regret is not having started when I was a lot younger.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

moonshadow wrote: Have you ever received a form that asked you to check a box, and all that was on the form were circles?
Have you ever seen a hat box?

I once rang the energy company to add a name to an account, the lady asked the name and after a few moments she said that she couldn't add the name to the account. When I asked why, she said the wasn't enough room in the boxes. True story. Boxes dictate our lives - right to the very end.
pelmut wrote: Suppose you had only two boxes, one was marked "Elbows" and the other was marked "Straight couplers", where would you put the tees, reducers, non-return valves and washers?
Logically the tees would go in with the elbows and the rest would go into the other box.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Well... I've been known to mix fittings in a box... but just don't mix types (PVC, copper, galvanized, black iron, pen, etc)... it's an abomination unto the Lord!

Most fittings are female, pipes are generally male... (they slide into the fitting)

Now the threaded adaptors.... now those are the transgendered fittings.

I once saw a 1/2 X 4" black iron nipple in a box of female fittings.... turns out it identified as a female fitting, the old man next to me was losing his mind over it.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

denimini wrote:
moonshadow wrote: Have you ever received a form that asked you to check a box, and all that was on the form were circles?
Have you ever seen a hat box?
moonshadow wrote:Well... I've been known to mix fittings in a box... but just don't mix types (PVC, copper, galvanized, black iron, pen, etc)... it's an abomination unto the Lord!
Here I am being serious over in "Off Topic" and I get here and find these gems. Bravo, lads! Those gave me a good start on the way to my ration of humour for the day (which I usually try to exceed). Thank you!

I likely still have it on my old computer, but one of the classic definitions of "pipe" I've seen was "A length of material which has an outside diameter larger than the inside diameter. It wouldn't work the other way 'round." There were also assorted admonishments for the use, care, and labelling of the "lengths of material".
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Carl, that definition is a gem! And the pearls of humour abounds. Often at work I tell my customers my definitions of a laundry basket, or the basket they put things in in the store, is "hope over expectation". Anyone that has had children will definitely know what I'm talking about.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.