Avoiding the bigots

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
familyman34
Distinguished Member

Avoiding the bigots

Post by familyman34 »

The Independent. 19th November 2017
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/long ... 63946.html

Some press organisations (Daily Mail and Mail Online?*) seem driven by a sick ideology and a irresistible desire for readers at any price; as the coroner said:
“And to you the press, I say shame, shame on all of you.”

This is plain bigotry and nastiness, and we've got to make sure that we avoid it in the Skirts and Kilts for Men community.

* Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mail_Online
"It is now the most visited English-language newspaper website in the world, with over 11.34m visitors daily in August 2014. ... Almost 70% of its traffic comes from outside the UK, mostly from the United States. ... The Daily Mail print newspaper has no presence there, but has aggressively targeted the country with its online offering, branded as the "Daily Mail" rather than MailOnline."
Familyman34
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Avoiding the bigots

Post by crfriend »

The rag in question is (not so) affectionately known here as "The Daily Wail" or occasionally "The Daily Fail" due to the "quality" of its journalism and commentary sections. "A known quantity", so to speak.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Also the Daily Nazi.

It's a vile rag.
renesm1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by renesm1 »

crfriend wrote:The rag in question is (not so) affectionately known here as "The Daily Wail" or occasionally "The Daily Fail" due to the "quality" of its journalism and commentary sections. "A known quantity", so to speak.
The comments section is full of people from a certain Eastern European country hellbent on destabilising Western democracy as well. You can tell from the upside down question marks in some of the comments!
Please visit http://www.absolutegadget.com for the latest gadgets and games news and reviews
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

¿Cualquier, España? ¡Es en el oeste!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
stevelous

Post by stevelous »

I hope and prey that Lucy finds peace with her God.

The press of this country have so much to answer for, how meny more people have been hounded to death. All in the name of freedom ofbthe press. I no longer buy any newspapers, all they show is yesterdays news.

mind the press is not the only small minded community, lots of people find the idea of being transgender awkward. The reaction of my own parents to the news that young children are being offered gender counselling as stupid. That while believing they are open minded. I pointed out to them that without that help many would commit suicide and also that no one would willingly choose to be trans, with the bigotry endemic in society.
skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirted_in_SF »

Would this happen to be a Rupert Murdoch publication?
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco
shadowfax
Member Extraordinaire

Post by shadowfax »

skirted_in_SF wrote:Would this happen to be a Rupert Murdoch publication?
Nothing to do with Rupert Murdoch. It's owned by Jonathan Harmsworth, 4th Viscount Rothermere. He inherited it from his father.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I used to buy The Mail and then I only used to buy it on a Saturday and Sunday. But when I analysed why I bought the paper it was for the large crossword on a Saturday and the Puzzles on a Sunday. I only used to skim read the articles and only fully read the odd one that had any appeal. So I haven't bought a paper now for a few weeks. I only rarely watch the news as well. It's all so depressing.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

Sinned wrote:I used to buy The Mail and then I only used to buy it on a Saturday and Sunday. But when I analysed why I bought the paper it was for the large crossword on a Saturday and the Puzzles on a Sunday. I only used to skim read the articles and only fully read the odd one that had any appeal. So I haven't bought a paper now for a few weeks. I only rarely watch the news as well. It's all so depressing.
If you had birds you could at least use the newsprint to line the bottom of a bird cage. :lol:

All what seems to matters to the news media is the revenue from advertisers and the truth be damned. As for newspapers, it's anything to boost sales.

John
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

John, funnily enough I do own an African Grey parrot called Rosie and I do indeed use the newspaper to line the bottom of her cage which she sometimes shreds when she's in that frame of mind.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

The New York Times has a reputation of having a leftist slant. It has the slogan of "All the News That's Fit to Print". If is as biased as many believe maybe a more applicable slogan should be "All the Newsprint Fit to Line Birdcage Bottoms".

John
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Maybe Rosie reads the top double sheet she can see and if she doesn't like what she reads she shreds it! She only sometimes shreds the paper.