Poll in the Metro

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
renesm1
Member Extraordinaire

Poll in the Metro

Post by renesm1 »

A poll from the Metro today in the UK.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/23/lets-scra ... s-6729857/
Screenshot 2017-06-23 14.54.23.png
83%!!!!

My message to men (not those in this forum of course!) Why aren't you in your skirts NOW!!!!!

Skirters of the world, unite! You have nothing to lose but your pants!!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Please visit http://www.absolutegadget.com for the latest gadgets and games news and reviews
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Poll in the Metro

Post by Sinned »

Actually, I have just done the survey and it's now Yes, 47%, No Way 40%, Other 13%.

The survey for gender neutral uniform is more decisive Yes, 68%, No 20% Maybe 12%.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
WesleyN
Member Extraordinaire

Post by WesleyN »

The question how many people voted and who will voted. If you're not interested in skirts. Maybe you'll not read this article. And you'll not voted. For statistics is it so imported that you have a good sample of the total population. With statistics you can make your own reality. So I think this diagram is very discusable. And I think there have voted just a few persons. Sorry....
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

I tried to get a screen shot but I couldn't figure out how to do it in Chrome.

As of 0015 CDT, 29 June 2017, the results are;

Men, would you like to wear a skirt to work?

Yes - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 62%
No Way - - - - - - - - - - - - - 27%
Only in hot temperatures - 11%

AND

Should uniform lists be gender neutral?

Yes, definitely - - - - - - - - - -77%
Absolutely not - - - - - - - - - -13%
Maybe in some cases - - - - - 10%

Not to bad as this is with over 400 people voting.
Just need more people to vote. The website doesn't
care where your computer is located.
Go ahead and VOTE!

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I've voted 4 times now.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Sinned wrote:I've voted 4 times now.
I like that - "Vote frequently and more often" - Chicago USA style
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

r.m.anderson wrote:
Sinned wrote:I've voted 4 times now.
I like that - "Vote frequently and more often" - Chicago USA style
A variation: "Vote early and vote often"
A corollary:"When my grandmother was alive, she voted Republican. Since she died she has voted Democrat ever since."

John
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

While the informal survey results may be encouraging, it's worth bearing in mind selection bias. I can't find an "about" page, but the rainbow-painted logo suggests to me that Metro's target audience is sympathetic to the LGBTXYZ world to begin with, so of course they would be more interested in men wearing skirts.

Try posing that question to a sample group more representative of the world population, or even the UK population as a whole, and I suspect you'd see far more "no way" responses :-(
Ralph!
Disaffected.citizen
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Disaffected.citizen »

"Metro" is a free morning newspaper distributed at commuter stations feeding the major cities. As such, I don't believe it is particularly targeted at the LGBT etc. I believe it's from the "Associated Press" stable, but stand to be corrected by anybody more knowledgeable :D
WesleyN
Member Extraordinaire

Post by WesleyN »

Uncle Al wrote:I tried to get a screen shot but I couldn't figure out how to do it in Chrome.
You can download Greenshot. That works very easy. When you download and installing it. You can use PrtScr or Alt+PrtScr (for a whole form) and then you can copy, put it in Greenshot, or a Paint-tool or whatever. You see it and you understand it.

And indeed this statistics say nothing. I read: I vote four times.... ;)
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

Disaffected.citizen wrote:"Metro" is a free morning newspaper distributed at commuter stations feeding the major cities. As such, I don't believe it is particularly targeted at the LGBT etc. I believe it's from the "Associated Press" stable, but stand to be corrected by anybody more knowledgeable :D
And that's my lesson in "jumping to conclusions" for the day. I obviously read too much into the rainbow-tinted logo on the front page. Thanks for the correction :-)
Ralph!
Disaffected.citizen
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Disaffected.citizen »

Ralph wrote:
Disaffected.citizen wrote:"Metro" is a free morning newspaper distributed at commuter stations feeding the major cities. As such, I don't believe it is particularly targeted at the LGBT etc. I believe it's from the "Associated Press" stable, but stand to be corrected by anybody more knowledgeable :D
And that's my lesson in "jumping to conclusions" for the day. I obviously read too much into the rainbow-tinted logo on the front page. Thanks for the correction :-)
Well, a little further digging points up two "news" sites using the "Metro" monniker! There's Metro News, part of the DMG (Daily Mail) previously Associated Press, and Metro, which published the article. Further research gives this showing they may be two parts of the same beast.
Confused? You will be....