I'm sure it's a kilt but, you know, never mind....

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
renesm1
Member Extraordinaire

I'm sure it's a kilt but, you know, never mind....

Post by renesm1 »

Matthew Rhys (who's he?) turned up to the Met Gala (what's that?) in a kilt suit (article says skirt). His female partner wore pants/trousers.

Pretty sure it's a 21st Century kilt suit (I have one). He looked great BTW!

Anyway, here is a link to it...

https://mic.com/articles/175817/from-he ... .hj7BnmSj3
Please visit http://www.absolutegadget.com for the latest gadgets and games news and reviews
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: I'm sure it's a kilt but, you know, never mind....

Post by crfriend »

renesm1 wrote:Matthew Rhys (who's he?) turned up to the Met Gala (what's that?) in a kilt suit (article says skirt). His female partner wore pants/trousers.

Pretty sure it's a 21st Century kilt suit (I have one). He looked great BTW!
That's almost certainly a 21st Century kilt suit -- and, yes, he rocked the look and eclipsed his companion.

It's good to see guys starting to shine once again.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

There's a vein of admiration in the text for the men breaking out of the fashion straightjacket and especially the gender blurring bits. I loved the red suit and the ensemble that Diddy is wearing at the end. But third photo from the end, what is that woman wearing? Almost embarrassing. A nondescript stripe top, furry bib, red tartan skirt and those hideous shoes. How can someone have so little fashion sense to come to a major? ( no I've never heard of the event either ) event dressed like that. Looks like she just picked up four random garments whilst dressing in the dark with her eyes shut. Shudder. I liked Federer's jacket too with the Peacock on the back.

And yes, it's a kilt although interestingly she does call it a skirt which confirms what we have said all along - a kilt is a skirt, albeit a particular type of one.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

There seems something strange about the proportions of a few of those pics, as it they have had their heads stuck on in photoshop.
I can't tell if it is a skirt or a kilt, that is the trouble with black; it absorbs light and allows none for the receptors in the back of ones eyes.
Sorry for being cantankerous.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

denimini, I think you used the wrong word there. Cantankerous is when you are bad tempered or uncooperative and, whilst you may be that at times, you certainly don't seem that in your post. Pedantic may be a better word or exacting.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.