A bit of positive publicity

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
jaycee

A bit of positive publicity

Post by jaycee »

In today's Independent newspaper in the UK.

http://indy100.independent.co.uk/articl ... ygLSr1ZgvW
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: A bit of positive publicity

Post by crfriend »

That was a priceless answer from the railway: "Probably something do with it being the 21st Century now."

They don't get much more beautiful than that. Somebody deserves a raise in salary for that one.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

It actually implies some sort of corporate, if not societal, acceptance.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Sinned wrote:It actually implies some sort of corporate, if not societal, acceptance.
I don't think it was quite a corporate response, but probably shows anyone who calls out or tries to belittle a stranger end up getting "owned" themselves. I think the world is such a diverse place no one is going to be so very offended as in years gone by. We've had male singers in tight skirts on X Factor last year, and every fashion house throes a skirted man down the catwalk that it is becoming accepted if not yet the norm but things can change :wink:
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

Think the best bit was that the OP deleted his twitter account!
Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted_John »

Think I may've dealt with the same cretin on the flickr wardrobe_remix group. Guy came in to b*tch about all the "c)cks in frocks". Took him to task via flickrmail, then blocked him. Reported the post, but by the time the moderators got to it, it had been deleted, and the person was no longer a member of the group.

-J
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo
Tor
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Tor »

John, I don't know flickr, but I've known of fora where if the post is reported by using the "report post" button a copy is saved for the mods to inspect, so that they can see what was reported even if whoever posted the offending material edits or deletes it. I'd tend to expect similar behaviour elsewhere.
human@world# ask_question --recursive "By what legitimate authority?"
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Kilted_John wrote:Think I may've dealt with the same cretin on the flickr wardrobe_remix group. Guy came in to b*tch about all the "c)cks in frocks".
That sounds suspiciously like the clown who vandalised this place calling himself "Alf Huckham" a number of years ago that caused me to take the site off-line for a bit so as to mop up the rather large mess left behind and to identify and ban all the participants.

The world is full of sad losers with nothing better to do with their time. They cannot do it in meatspace because they'd get the snot kicked out of them so they behave like the cowards that they are and do it from behind the armour of computers and comms gear because there won't be any real repercussions. Take it for what it is, mop up the mess, and move on with life.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
renesm1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by renesm1 »

crfriend wrote:
Kilted_John wrote:Think I may've dealt with the same cretin on the flickr wardrobe_remix group. Guy came in to b*tch about all the "c)cks in frocks".
That sounds suspiciously like the clown who vandalised this place calling himself "Alf Huckham" a number of years ago that caused me to take the site off-line for a bit so as to mop up the rather large mess left behind and to identify and ban all the participants.

The world is full of sad losers with nothing better to do with their time. They cannot do it in meatspace because they'd get the snot kicked out of them so they behave like the cowards that they are and do it from behind the armour of computers and comms gear because there won't be any real repercussions. Take it for what it is, mop up the mess, and move on with life.
I think that same idiot also got banned from the Female First forum as well! Hopefully these people will crawl back under the rock they came from...
Please visit http://www.absolutegadget.com for the latest gadgets and games news and reviews