Mic.com: Sorry Not Sorry, but Fashion Won't Be Truly ...

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Mic.com: Sorry Not Sorry, but Fashion Won't Be Truly ...

Post by moonshadow »

Sinned wrote:Moon, you know what the answer is to the dreaded woman's label - just trim it out, or better still if you can do it trim the WO from the WOMAN word on the label. Hey, snip, snip, voila, it's not a woman's anymore - problem solved. :D
Nah... a label doesn't bother me. Unless it is physically sticking into my side or something and causing an actual irritation. Then yes, I'll whack it off!

I've noticed as "women's" clothes tend to be more tightly fitting, labels are more subject to be an actual physical nuisance.

And I've purchased a fair amount of second hand clothes at thrift shops where it seems many women were inclined to agree as I have tried on various garments with no indication of the size due to the label being snipped off.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Grok wrote:...
Meanwhile, the majority of men stay stuck in "trousers tyranny". Which I won't mind, so long as the majority extends tolerance towards Men in Skirts.
Most guys don't have an issue with wearing trousers or shorts as that's all they have known :roll: Designers who are now embracing skirts for men should stop making them look so damned outlandish on their catwalks. A simple cargo skirt, denim skirt, straight skirts for work and kilts that don't cost hundreds to buy would do, but as an option alongside trousers and shorts... As much as I would like to see the majority wear skirts, it should not be at the expense of bifurcated clothing :wink:
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

kilty wrote:
Grok wrote:...
Meanwhile, the majority of men stay stuck in "trousers tyranny". Which I won't mind, so long as the majority extends tolerance towards Men in Skirts.
Most guys don't have an issue with wearing trousers or shorts as that's all they have known :roll: Designers who are now embracing skirts for men should stop making them look so damned outlandish on their catwalks. A simple cargo skirt, denim skirt, straight skirts for work and kilts that don't cost hundreds to buy would do, but as an option alongside trousers and shorts... As much as I would like to see the majority wear skirts, it should not be at the expense of bifurcated clothing :wink:
Amen, Bro... If every man adopts skirts, they won't be fun any more. still, I wouldn't mind a little skirted company out there.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

Ditto.
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.