Peter who dresses as Penny

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.

Peter who dresses as Penny

Postby skirtingtoday » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:52 am

Saw this on the BBC today

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-35970272

The tale sound similar to a number of folk here having personal angst and keeping it secret from a partner.

Ross
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Peter who dresses as Penny

Postby Sinned » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:03 pm

Once I realised that I enjoyed wearing skirts and it all felt natural to me, BUT unlike Peter I didn't and don't want to identify as a woman so I haven't kept it secret from MOH. But I do identify with the following that Peter said, "I walked around the block at about 9pm [at] night, in the dark. It wasn't exciting in a sexual sense or anything like that - it's never been about sex - but it certainly kind of released a need I felt I had." I have done that just to enjoy the feeling of walking late at night outside in a skirt but didn't have the courage to out myself. I don't think that MOH accepts that for me skirting is not sexual as she has sometimes asked me in anger and possibly frustration if it gives me a h*rd-*n when I am wearing a skirt. It doesn't and I told her so. I identify a little with Peter but not so much.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Return to In the News / Advocacy