online article, Conde Nest men and kilts

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
whorton

online article, Conde Nest men and kilts

Post by whorton »

Last edited by crfriend on Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Dressed up the link [CRF]
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: online article, Conde Nest men and kilts

Post by crfriend »

Beware: This is a very short article with a massive advertising overhead attached to it. It maxed out my cable modem for about 4 minutes before I gave up and aborted the connection.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

crfriend wrote:Beware: This is a very short article with a massive advertising overhead attached to it. It maxed out my cable modem for about 4 minutes before I gave up and aborted the connection.
I hate those as when my computer ends up trying the load them it usually go into lock-down, not just the modem but the whole dang computer and I have to pull the plug and then restart it, it is really a pain. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Fred :kiltdance:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Reaper_Man
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Reaper_Man »

loaded up in less than 10 seconds here but then i use firefox with the adblock plus addon so no ads loaded, cable 50mb/s connection and a quad core intel i5 proccessor and 12GB ram may have helped somewhat :D
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

With Chrome and ADP (Add block pro) it loaded and was playing in just over a second. Not a bad wee article.

Tried it again in whatever Windows 10 comes with instead of IE, took about 2 seconds for the video to start playing, that was without any ad blocker installed, not a bad result!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I heard my computer growling a little, and there was some slight lag, but all in all I was able to watch it in about 10 seconds.

It is ad heavy though. But no where near as bad as topix. Topix crashes firefox every time for me and I have to change over to Chrome.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirted_in_SF »

Only a second or two with my DSL line, Firefox and ABP.
I didn't bother to watch the whole video (not all that interested) but I did notice the person jumping and twirling at the beginning was not regimental :wink:
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco