Trans Clothing Exchanges and NC Gender Bigotry

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Trans Clothing Exchanges and NC Gender Bigotry

Post by dillon »

I don't recall seeing this mentioned here before, and while it is not necessarily pertinent to our interest community, for the last ten years or more, there have been volunteer programs operating in many cities around the country to help youth making gender transitions to obtain clothing, usually free of charge. Seems something worth supporting when we can. Here is an older article about one operating in Charlotte, NC, which, by the way, passed an ordinance a few weeks ago to allow trans- people to use the public restrooms that best suit their gender orientation.

http://clclt.com/charlotte/trans-clothi ... id=3054621

This ordinance was promptly overturned by the NC General Assembly, a Republican controlled (gerrymandered) body, and signed into law by the states Republican Governor. The state law just passed not only usurped local authority to pass ANY law more restrictive than (the barely existent) state laws to advance equality or protection for ANY discriminated-against population, including race, religion, or sexuality. Its a disgraceful piece of legislation that flies in the face of the bull---t claims of Republicans to desire smaller, less centralized government. But as soon as they were in power, they stripped away the authority of small and local government in favor of all-imposing state control.

The law they passed also prevents any local government from raising a municipalities minimum wage above the state minimum wage. Par-for-the-course REPUBLICAN HYPOCRISY, and using any act they can to consolidate and expand the authority of their wretched backwoods hick theocracy. I am ashamed of this state.

BTW, the new state law says that persons shall use the restroom of the sex indicated on their birth certificate. Of course, for those trans folk who have fully transitioned, this provides some interesting questions/observations.

http://news.yahoo.com/mans-joke-pat-mcc ... 00227.html
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Gregg1100
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Trans Clothing Exchanges and NC Gender Bigotry

Post by Gregg1100 »

Yep--that's politicians for you. Lying , greedy total incompetents who haven't done a days physical work in their lives--if yours are the same as UK wasters.
Give something in one hand and another department takes it away with the other hand. Over here, they are saying that a terminally ill cancer victim is being classed as fit for work, or lose benefits.. Tip of a large iceberg. Absolute tossers.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

I can't believe the state law will stand, but it'll probably take some time (and grief in the meantime) to overturn it.

In any event, what are they going to do? Have guards checking everyone's birth certificate at every restroom door? Can't take a pee without a birth certificate? Really?
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Another state that is trying to pass a similar law is Georgia. :ncool: But some of the big business's are making threats that if passed they will leave the state, also Hollywierd is one of them. One of the Hollywierd principles is Disney and they do a lot of business in Ga. That means lots of lost $$$$ if the Gov signs the bill. One of the business is the Atlanta Braves and they are threatening to leave the state. They are also getting ready to move to a new stadium. So I feel he will not sign it. :)

Fred :kiltdance:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Couya
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Couya »

dillon wrote:... help youth making gender transitions to obtain clothing, usually free of charge. Seems something worth supporting
I'd just as soon support a move to make clothing free for everyone. Do you not believe in equality?
BTW, the new state law says that persons shall use the restroom of the sex indicated on their birth certificate.
I think the idea of sexually segregated toilets (to use a local expression) is to avoid upsetting the majority who like to keep private things private. Of course, with individual stalls with lockable doors, it does not really matter, but I think most women would feel uncomfortable having men around as they attend to nature, and, although they may not admit it, I don't think men want to be watched by women either.

Besides, should one not have some consideration for men who use public toilets to meet other men?

Martin (who would not vote Republican, in case you were wondering!)
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Couya wrote:
dillon wrote:... help youth making gender transitions to obtain clothing, usually free of charge. Seems something worth supporting
I'd just as soon support a move to make clothing free for everyone. Do you not believe in equality?
BTW, the new state law says that persons shall use the restroom of the sex indicated on their birth certificate.
I think the idea of sexually segregated toilets (to use a local expression) is to avoid upsetting the majority who like to keep private things private. Of course, with individual stalls with lockable doors, it does not really matter, but I think most women would feel uncomfortable having men around as they attend to nature, and, although they may not admit it, I don't think men want to be watched by women either.

Besides, should one not have some consideration for men who use public toilets to meet other men?

Martin (who would not vote Republican, in case you were wondering!)
As a hetero man, if i was to be spied upon at all while doing my business in a public restroom, I suppose I'd rather be watched by a woman than by another man. My real fear about being watched in public restrooms is that if we continue on this path toward more backwards and backwoods theocracy, I will be spied on in restrooms electronically, so that some secretive rigid Religious Police can enforce their Holy Laws. They have face recognition technology now so I suppose genital sensing would be a piece-of-cake to do, technologically. I can see the ads now: "Install Diebold penis detectors in your ladies-rooms to keep out those perverted trannies."

But the point is that there isn't much going on in any bathroom that ANYONE would actually care to watch, and the idea that this gaggle of pandering conservative polits would expect that there are masses of people out there who get sexually aroused by witnessing the act of urination, or worse, makes me wonder if such concepts are products of their own veiled kinkiness?

And I have not seen, in decades, any multi-user bathroom that did not have doored stalls for toilets, save for the stand-up urinals which a person with female genitalia is unlikely to use.

As for the insipid argument that social conservatives make, that people would claim to be TG so they could peek at the genitals of the opposite sex - in addition to the offensive and absurd implication that all a TG person has on their mind is 24/7 sex - suggest that apparently these hicks are totally oblivious to the existence of a little phenomenon called THE INTERNET! Why in God's name would they think someone would go to the extreme peril (physically and to reputation) of pretending to be TG just to steal some titillating glimpse of the non-sexual use of private parts, when they can see anything and everything they might possibly crave online? I have had it with the lame smokescreen excuses for these lying legislators to keep on kissing the collective hindquarter of conservative theocracy; these gutless wonders who don't have the 'nads to stand up to the lunatic fringe of their own party. The only thing I can say is that at least Trump is letting the garden-variety bigots come out of the closet, so commonsense Americans can see just how truly ugly they are.

As I've said before, I guess Evangelical Christianity is just trying to keep pace with the Taliban.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Georgia's Governor vetoed the bill - legislative body may try to override it !
North Carolina's Governor signed his State's bill - but that may be put on hold pending some Federal action ?

Goofy stupid politicians worrying about body parts and bathroom functions while the country goes to hell in a restroom !
Flush them all away and down the sewer tubes where they all belong !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Sounds like North Carolina is a Dillon's rule state. (no pun intended) Virginia is too. Basically means no locality can pass an ordinance without the General Assembly's approval.

Despite it being a Dillon's rule state, too bad it's not a state ruled by dillon! :lol:

Okay... seriously....

I've always though it silly to separate restrooms by sex or gender. Just let everyone use the same room, and boom- problem solved. However I realize we are a long way away from such policy. Peeing and pooping is something that everyone does. It's a fact of Nature, it's not shameful, it's not embarrassing. There is no reason to be ashamed to take care of business around people of the other sex. I think a lot of the problem is people think men are going to spy on women, because all men are perverts after all, and in addition, it's not considered polite or proper for a man to relieve himself in the presence of a woman. It's just more "women are better, prettier, and proper than men" BS. To this day... I still have reservations about cussing in front of a woman. Why? I really don't know. I suppose I just figure on about 15 guys coming out of nowhere and ruffing me up if I do anything that might be disrespectful to a "lady"... as though those really exist anyway. But anyway... I'm chasing a rabbit here... back to transgendered...

Transgendered people are screwed. Men don't want them in their restroom because they don't feel comfortable. I can vouch for this as I've heard ugly comments when I enter a men's room skirted, like "you better stay far away from me". :roll: And yet,, they aren't allowed to use the women's room because they have a penis.

It also raises an interesting question, one that I've mentioned before. What about a transgender M2F, who is wearing "boy clothes", and otherwise presents as a male, yet considered his gender female. Should "she" still use the women's room even though on this particular day, all her female clothes were in the wash and she had to wear one of her brothers pair of trousers?

So I'm not a transgendered person, but I'm sure a lot of onlookers think I might be. So here's what I would do if I were actually going down that road, I would just use the men's room and be done with it. If the men have an issue with it, they can call their republican prophet (for profit) *heh...* and complain. People... all people gotta right to pee somewhere. And if I were a transgender in the mens room, if I want to fix my undergarments, apply makeup, or do whatever... I'd just do it. Screw the haters. Because here's a little secret for those who don't know....

...there is no difference between men's and women's toilets, sinks, or mirrors. Toilets all flush the same way, sinks all work the same way, and all mirrors reflect the same way... one is just as good the another.

I wear my FEMININE clothes into the men's room when I've gotta go! Sometimes if the skirt isn't really complicated, I'll just lift the hem and pee right in the urinal. Why? Because I'm a man, a free man, and if someone passing through takes issue with that... that's HIS problem NOT mine!

Transgendered people everywhere should organize an "occupy the men's room", where M2F transgendered go into the most CONSERVATIVE places they can find, and just take care of business. Talk, giggle, cut up, carry on, and just act like the bunch of girls they are in the MEN'S room.... because THAT'S THE LAW RIGHT!!!??? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I'd say that F2M's could do the same in the women's room...

I've pulled similar stunts like this... (not with restrooms) but basically the trick is to beat them with their own rule book!

So for all the male republican profit-prohpets out there.... you wanna share the men's room with transgendered? You got it buddy!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
renesm1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by renesm1 »

Why not have gender-neutral bathrooms in addition to the gendered ones and make sure these new bathrooms are well looked after in preference to the gendered ones!

Let people vote with their feet!
Please visit http://www.absolutegadget.com for the latest gadgets and games news and reviews
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

renesm1 wrote:Why not have gender-neutral bathrooms ... Let people vote with their feet!
It's not just their feet...
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Paper said Virginia is attempting to pull the same stunt. :roll: Governor vetoed it, and it appears to be dead for now, but the profit prophets have no plans of giving up.

I ain't gonna rant about it no more. Screw it... what will be will be. I don't even have a dog in that fight anyway, but I just hope it doesn't spill over into my skirt wearing liberties. You'll pardon me if I simply can not take this country seriously anymore. No bites on my statement above, so that means one of three things, it was an epic post of wisdom that can not be beat, or it was a dismal post of failure not worthy of further discussion, or nobody simply cared. At any rate, I've said all I'm going to say about it. All this political crap is really getting me down, and I'm going to exit stage left now. If America survives these holy wars... great.. if not... may she go down in a blaze of glory! I'll build a bon fire in the back yard, drink whiskey and rye, and sing this will be the day that I die!

Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here! :alien:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote:Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here! :alien:
"And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, 'cause there's bugger-all down here on Earth." -- Monty Python's Galaxy Song
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

crfriend wrote:
moonshadow wrote:Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here! :alien:
"And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, 'cause there's bugger-all down here on Earth." -- Monty Python's Galaxy Song
"Sometimes you just have to bow to the absurd!"
-Captain Jean-Luc Picard

In one of the few episodes where he laughed.... I think that's what we all need.
-Andrea
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote:"Sometimes you just have to bow to the absurd!"
-Captain Jean-Luc Picard
What would James T. kirk do?
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
ChrisM
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ChrisM »