Trans Clothing Exchanges and NC Gender Bigotry

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Trans Clothing Exchanges and NC Gender Bigotry

Post by Caultron »

Oh brother.

But in the spirit of weird being normal, and of opposing NC Gender Bigotry, I hike my skirt to poop rather than removing it. But I do take care to keep the skirt from dropping into the bowl, and not to soil the back of the inside while wiping.

And again, I'm no eyewitness expert on what women do in this regard.

And no again, my mother never taught me this. Well, pooping, I suppose, but not in a skirt...

Weird is the new normal. Keep telling yourself that. Weird is the new normal. Weird is the new normal. Weird...
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I believe that they tuck the hem of the skirt into the waistband which is why you get some comedy photos of women coming out of the loo in such a condition having, ahem, forgotten to adjust their dress. I do this sometimes but ALWAYS remember to ensure that all is in order.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

JennC03 wrote:We raise the skirts to poo and pee. Some pull them down
http://www.skirtcafe.org/forums/viewtop ... es#p135601
At a folk festival, a worried-looking chap came up to me after I had just left the 'gents' and said "Look mate, I'm not trying to be funny or anything, but how do you manage when you're wearing a skirt? - after all, they don't have flies". I explained that I just lifted the front hem and he gave me one of those "Oh Sh*t! - why didn't I think of that?" looks.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote:Hey don't snicker! *OUR* mothers never taught us this stuff!
From a practical perspective, I stand for one and sit for the other, and in both cases the skirt -- no matter what its length -- gets hoisted out of the way.

For one, just the front gets lifted, leaving the back hanging in place for modesty, and that's that. It works best with skirts which have a large hem circumference that have enough fabric to do work that way. I have no difficulties dealing with undergarments using that tactic either. With minis, which when lifted so leave nothing to the imagination from behind, I use a stall.

If sitting, the whole skirt gets hauled up, frequently using an underskirt to contain the fabric so it doesn't fall at an inopportune moment. I'll frequently tuck the hem of the underskirt into my shirt collar for some extra stability with things. I've yet to experience any sort of "incident' this way, although getting everything back down properly can be tough if the skirt is very voluminous (and sometimes I can't get it completely right until I'm out of the stall (at home it doesn't matter).

Nope, our mothers certainly never taught us this stuff because they never dreamed that their boys would wear skirts, but, then again, I doubt that daughters of today are instructed in the art either because their mothers always wear trousers. It's kind of funny around "prom time" when you see all sorts of young girls in their fancy dresses -- and they have no clue whatsoever in how to handle them (no "instruction" or experience).
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted_John »

On-topic: I have to side with Bob on this one. A couple weeks ago, I went into a men's restroom in a grocery store here in the Seattle area, only to be greeted by a woman and her 4-year old daughter who, I assume had just used the men's restroom. I'm all for freedom with respect to fashion and gender expression, but, if you've an "outie" use the guy's restroom. If you've an "innie", use the women's facility. Either that, or use a restroom that's a lockable room, if unisex. Until it's ok for everyone to walk around through downtown Seattle on a normal day wearing nothing, it's safer for all parties involved.

With respect to skirted restroom/bathroom usage, I usually have to plop down and use the thundermug. Part of the reason is that I'm uncut. So, whenever I do a #1, I have to wipe myself, and sometimes put some TP into my underwear to prevent the dribbles that occur from soaking through. I also frequently wind up doing both at the same time. As Jenn says, best to just lift it up, drop underwear (and tights/PH, if you wear them), and do the deed. Much easier than dealing with shorts or a pair of long pants (trousers for those of you on the other continents). The only time I drop a skirt is if it's one of the skirted swimsuit bottoms. Lower it to just below the knees so the hem doesn't touch the floor, and back up the dump truck. Clean up, then pull it back up. Only time I do a #1 while standing is when/if I really need to go and there's no restroom nearby. Hike the skirt up, flip the front part of the underwear out of the way, take a leak. Use something to dry things off (sometimes a leaf, if that's all I can find - definitely not something related to ivy or holly/oregon grape, etc, tho), then bring the underwear back over, and lower the hem. Walk away.

-J
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Were they there because of gender issues, or just because the stalls were loaded in the ladies room? People have to do their business. If it doesn't bother the hundreds of millions in the third world who have only ditches and holes to squat over, I'd say grow up and get over it.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted_John »

dillon wrote:Were they there because of gender issues, or just because the stalls were loaded in the ladies room? People have to do their business. If it doesn't bother the hundreds of millions in the third world who have only ditches and holes to squat over, I'd say grow up and get over it.
Women's room typically is as empty as the men's room. I'm pretty sure no gender issues. Just a matter of someone taking advantage of the TG bathroom law hubub just to say they can. Just like the guy around here who went into the women's locker room at an athletic club just because he figured it was his right to do so.

I'd say use the restroom that you're plumbed for. Not a matter of "growing up and getting over it."

-J
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

I agree. If you have a pole, use the men's room. If you have a hole use the women's room. It's idiotic to require individuals to necessarily use the restroom based on the gender on the birth certificate. I guess a lot of rednecks in the South have never heard about SRS [sexual reassignment surgery].

I use the men's room as I am male even though I have a feminine figure and long hair.

John
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

JohnH wrote: I use the men's room as I am male even though I have a feminine figure and long hair.
I still prefer the back side of a tree. Ive never felt intimidated by a tree. They are also known to be quite tolerant.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

moonshadow wrote:I still prefer the back side of a tree. Ive never felt intimidated by a tree. They are also known to be quite tolerant.
I use the backside of trees too. I have a lot of them on my 50 acres and I have not had any complaints from them [YET!].

Fred :kiltdance:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

moonshadow wrote:I still prefer the back side of a tree. Ive never felt intimidated by a tree. They are also known to be quite tolerant.
If you squat, beware of thistles. At a folk festival I once acquired an infection from a thistle injury where the skin is thinnest. When I said I had caught it at a folk festival, my doctor began to give me a fatherly talk on the risks of promiscuity - until I realised that he was thinking of pop festivals and explained the circumstances more fully.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

Also beware of poison ivy. :shock:
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

You know, all jokes aside (me peeing in the woods is not a joke, I really do that out of preference, I HATE public bathrooms)
But it seems ever since this trans-bathroom thing got started, when I'm out in a skirt I really hate the thought of using either. Obviously I have never went into the women's room, but now, when I even walk near a public restroom, especially if it's in a place like Walmart where it's in the front of the store, I feel like I'm on a stage. Whereas I feel all of the eyes of the people checking out in line are bearing down on me, because lets face it, I don't even try to pass, I'm a man in a skirt after all, not a transgender woman.

I feel cell phones coming out and rednecks watching my every move to see which room I'm going in. I'm sure they are disappointed when I choose "MENS". I'm sure there is at least a few out there that want to make me the subject of the next pro-traditional facebook meme.

So yes, I do, seriously prefer the sanctuary of Mother Nature, be it in a field, the woodlands, or just a private wayside on the highway out of sight. If I'm driving on a long trip and feel the call of nature, these are the things I look for first.

Piss on all these politics.... (no pun intended :lol: )
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

moonshadow wrote:If I'm driving on a long trip and feel the call of nature, these are the things I look for first.
Carry an empty bottle in the van, mine is named "Myvanwy".
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

Also, if you're female don't forget the funnel. :D