New discussion in reddit about men wearing skirts

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Jim2
Distinguished Member

New discussion in reddit about men wearing skirts

Post by Jim2 »

Can be found here https://www.reddit.com/r/TrollXChromoso ... ere_it_is/.

It starts with this comment:

Again and again, I think our brothers are really missing out on the freedom of being able to go out in public without having to wear pants.
Even better, if it becomes acceptable for men to wear skirts, then it might become more acceptable to let your leg hairs freely sway in the breeze under the billowy flow of your skirt. Or maybe guys will also want to shave their legs too. It's also a beautiful feeling to flutter around with smooth legs. Or maybe both. We could have both.
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Re: New discussion in reddit about men wearing skirts

Post by partlyscot »

It's a troll subreddit. Don't join in, they will just twist the conversation all over the place.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

I've read it, and it is almost unanimously supportive of men in skirts. Though some of the contributors do recognise that they (i.e. women who are perfectly happy with the idea of men in skirts) are in a small minority.

I would sign up and comment but, hell, I waste enough time on the internet as it is, without visiting a time-swallower like Reddit.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

I may have misunderstood that subreddit, or at least the meaning of "troll" in the title.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I got a kick out of the comment about shaving one leg and not the other.

Then a really good LOL a few comments down when someone suggested shaving the front of your legs while letting the back go... to which a response was made "business up front, party in the back!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, men would have that kind of fun with leg shaving. Cyndi Lauper has no idea what we're capable of! :D

Maybe that's why the establishment takes an issue with this... we'd just have too much fun with it! Can you imagine some of the crazy styles men would come up with if all men wore skirts as though it were normal?
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I like this one too:
At my friends small college (Goshen) apparently one dude would always wear skirts because he gave no ******** and was comfy.

He started a trend and for a while one spring lots of dudes wore skirts and were amazed by the comfy.

Amazed by the comfy. :idea:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirted_in_SF »

moonshadow wrote:I like this one too:
At my friends small college (Goshen) apparently one dude would always wear skirts because he gave no ******** and was comfy.

He started a trend and for a while one spring lots of dudes wore skirts and were amazed by the comfy.

Amazed by the comfy. :idea:
Careful Moon, there was a big blowup here a few years ago over the word "comfy". :shock:
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

skirted_in_SF wrote:Careful Moon, there was a big blowup here a few years ago over the word "comfy". :shock:
I remember... :roll: I thought it was silly then, and I still think so now. However still being so new to the site at the time, I withheld much of my "character" that you all have come to expect from me these days! :twisted: 8)

Bolded: Actually it was early last fall. A thread from Uncle Al... "A comfy alternative to pants for men"

Ahh... I think I only had just a few Macabi's then..... a skirt or two from KMart, and that was it. Much shorter hair... wondering if the upcoming winter was going to push me back into trousers again...

Of course.... there was mentioned a "comfy alternative"....

Hand me that spoon, the @#$% is starting to settle in the bottom of the kettle. :lol: :lol: :idea: :eye:
-Andrea
hoborob
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hoborob »

I don't remember a blowup about comfy but its not near as bad as using the term picy for picture.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Piccy, please! :D
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

hoborob wrote:I don't remember a blowup about comfy but its not near as bad as using the term picy for picture.
Can't say I've ever heard of that one used...
-Andrea
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

SS, aren't you being rather picky about the term piccy?
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Sinned wrote:SS, aren't you being rather picky about the term piccy?
Speaking of piccy's nice one of you in the skirt the other day Dennis! :cheese:
-Andrea
Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted_John »

skirtyscot wrote:Piccy, please! :D
Being rather "piccy, piccy" about that, it seems... lol
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Thanks, MS. It has taken me a lot to post any photos and there will be more to follow. There are some from when I thought that you had to do the whole hog and dress as a woman but they will NEVER be seen by anyone else but MOH and I. { Shudders at the thought. } Not lack of confidence on my part I was just concerned about what MOH would say.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.