I dont see this catching on...

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

I dont see this catching on...

Post by skirtingtoday »

...but I do like the idea of girls/ladies highlighting their short mini-skirts! Maybe for clubbing? (sorry it isn't in English but the pics say enough)

http://www.nuts.zone/crazy/led-minirock-beleuchtung/
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Re: I dont see this catching on...

Post by r.m.anderson »

Something to do lighting up your assets ! LOL !

The application to the hem of a skirt is new but the concept of LED clothing is not recent.
LED costumes are featured in night parades.
LED tutus and skirts have been around for over a year - search Ebay "LED SKIRT" for illustrations !
Since not a lot of power is required to light these units a battery can go a long way the model in the
website has a battery pack worn like a sporran - look further for the wiring and LEDs in the hem line.
From the article it appears the wearer is one handy person developing this idea.

Another note automobiles have been sporting these lights as DRL (DayLight Running Lights) in the
grill of the front of the car and NOT underneath the fender SKIRTS.
There was a rage awhile back of installing Neon type lighting underneath the frame of the vehicle
but lasted only a short time since it was not practical for road use only for show.

The new LED flashlights are now so powerful it would make a Jedi knight's light sabre only suitable as a candle.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
kingfish
Member Extraordinaire

Post by kingfish »

She would definitely be the belle of the local maker fair or SF convention. I give creative points embedding the controller and batteries in a 3d printed belt buckle. Cleaning, however, would be nightmarish, and would probably entail disassembly.
The wife would also definitely down-check the length on that one, but It is otherwise tempting. Kilt length and style has potential. I could see trying to fish wires down each top-stitched pleat edge, but once again the cleaning problem rears it's ugly head. It would provide good ground illumination when walking in the dark.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Pimped-out miniskirt would go great with a low-rider; same under-body luminescence. Looks good on her. I trust those are fairly cool-temp lights.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

dillon wrote:Pimped-out miniskirt would go great with a low-rider; same under-body luminescence. Looks good on her. I trust those are fairly cool-temp lights.
Naw if they were HOT they would go great with "Hot Pants" ! LOL
LEDs individually are cool emitting a trace of heat but cluster them together in a light fixture and a degree of heat can be found.
The only heat fire hazard would be if the wires on a circuit board connecting the units were to be shorted together.
But nothing at all like the lithium battery hazard factor !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !