Skirt day at school!

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Skirt day at school!

Post by skirtingtoday »

Seems like the lads had a great school day wearing skirts and dresses - whilst all the girls had to wear ties!

http://imgur.com/gallery/aNTF9
Last edited by skirtingtoday on Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
Charlie
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Skirt day at school!

Post by Charlie »

I like it. Most of the comments are positive and I especially liked "It never made sense to me why it's women who wear the bottoms with all the ball room."
Charlie
If I want to dress like a woman, I'll wear jeans.
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

Very good. I wonder how many of the guys had a skirt wearing seed planted in their head?
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Gordon wrote:Very good. I wonder how many of the guys had a skirt wearing seed planted in their head?
Given the hyper-macho nature of the culture there, likely not many. It's possible, to be sure, but I'd not bank on it.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Charlie wrote:I like it. Most of the comments are positive and I especially liked "It never made sense to me why it's women who wear the bottoms with all the ball room."
Charlie
The best comment I like is "Most manly thing I've seen on this site" 8) 8) 8) :D :D :D
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Some schools in the US do something similar, called Opposites Day. It's usually organized by the student council as a fun event, similar to Dress-Up Day, Dress-Down Day, and so forth.

Our local high school used to have Senior Day, when all the seniors wore togas. Unfortunately, that somehow came to include spray-painting the neighborhood and so they stopped it.

When I went to high school we used to have Immigrant Day, when everyone was supposed to wear the most mismatched and out-of-style outfits they could think of. I suppose political correctness has done away with that, though.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Caultron wrote:Some schools in the US do something similar, called Opposites Day. It's usually organized by the student council as a fun event, similar to Dress-Up Day, Dress-Down Day, and so forth.
I seem to remember something like this when I was in high school. Girls came in dresses as "guyish" as they could. Interesting it was hard to tell the difference as most girls wear jeans anyway. I think they mostly wore ties. (Funny... the icon of manhood is akin to a LEASH! :lol: ) Of course, the boys had a blast. One of them, I even remember his name... Robby (can't remember the last name) wore a full dress outfit, and aside from the hairy legs, I recall being quite passable!

I never did participate (surprised?) As I was pretty sure Dad wouldn't have gone for it... nope.. not one bit. But it looked like they had a blast!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Judah14
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Judah14 »

Regarding ties as part of girls' school attire, many girls' uniforms in the Philippines include a tie, while boys' uniforms don't, so I find nothing guyish with girls wearing ties to school.
らき☆