Interesting article found

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Interesting article found

Post by Gordon »

Found this today. It's good read. Here is a quote:

"If a guy feels well in a skirt, heck yes, he should sport it. A piece of clothing doesn’t proclaim who we are. That’s kind of a simple thinking, isn’t it? Too sad that many of us do not really get it."

http://nbhap.com/fashion/men-in-skirts/
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Interesting article found

Post by dillon »

It has a good link to some instagram photos.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
TheRod
Distinguished Member

Post by TheRod »

A well written and thoughtful article about the subject for a change. Pity there is no way to add comments.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Thanks for the link. I have added it to the "Men in skirts links" post in Skirts and Kilts for Men board.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

I emailed her the following;
I want to thank you for the article on men wearing skirts. It was very insightful. As a guy who does occasionally wear a skirt I wish that more people thought clearly and logically like you. I am a member of a forum dedicated to men and skirts. It is called Skirtcafe. Link to your article was posted on it.
http://www.skirtcafe.org/forums/viewtop ... 58&t=18002

Thanks again

She replied;

thank you so much for your email and for sharing the article. You really made my day :)
I don't believe in double standards and thankfully, through Nothing But Hope And Passion, I have the freedom to write about what's bugging me.

It's really sad that in the year 2k15, we're still having troubles to break from the so called "political correctness". Instead of redifining the rules and the structures of our societies, we're (somehow) going backwards. There many things happening at the moment that are absolutely irrational but are supported by the masses. If the "normal" is to hate what's different and the "abnormal" to freely express yourself and be who you want to be, then I'm afraid it's the Medieval times and we're on a loop.

Let me tell you one more thing. I wanted to have an original photoshoot/editorial. The photographer and the model were really excited about it. I had to cancel the shooting since I wasn't allowed to borrow skirts from the fashion PR agents. "A man in a skirt is too special for our clients" - a negative answer from the ones who claim to be progressive.

Anyway, I could go on talking about such matters for ages, but words won't change the general cast of mind. I want to thank you once again for your message. It really means a lot!

All the best from Berlin,
Sarah
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

A very inspirational read.... and you know what... she is spot on!

It's true... if you take a good hard look at society, you will find that for the most part, all men look the same, and all women look the same. There are maybe five or ten different styles on both sides of the line, but practically everyone in society conforms to one or the other....

I also don't think modern women are particularly brave... er at least as brave as some might think just for wearing "pants". It's easy to do something when it's socially acceptable. I consider the last great double standard facing women today, and that is the right to go around without a shirt on. Men can do it, but not women. And save for a few brave souls out there, most women are just fine not to challenge the status quo.

And to be fair.... most women probably don't want to take their tops off for the same reason most men don't want to wear a skirt.... and that is.. "they just don't want to"..

Fair enough.. but such a prohibition would still bug me.

The writer also makes a good point.... it's not illegal for men to wear skirts. So what's the problem?

Answer: Men are pansies.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.